Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Is anyone using one as an effective temporary insect/wind/weather barrier?

Seems as though (discounting questionable QC) one set up under or at the edge of a batwing, or independent of other shelter would provide some respite from flying insects and other environmental concerns in an easily deployed, relatively lightweight and inexpensive package.

What am I missing? Tell me what you know please.

Thinking a meal stop, or camp . The screen rooms that attach to the various awnings look like they would suck to deploy.

Amazon link to an example of what I'm talking about, not necessarily the specific item I have in mind

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

We've had a PahaQue 12'x12' screen room for around ten years and find it invaluable when camping on NC's Outer Banks (Bugs & Sun) and in the Smokies (Rain & Cold), If we'll be at a site two or more days, it usually goes up. These are no longer available but, when we replace it, my choice would be the QuickSet 9882 Pavilion in your link. I'd recommend one with the optional solid drop down sides for rain protection and cooler weather (we deploy a propane fire pit in ours and it retains the heat nicely). The PahaQue takes two people about ten minutes to set up if staking only the corners. If its windy (up to 30 mph gusts - 20 sustained), add another twenty minutes to fully guy all lines. Don't think even the QuickSet would be practical for just a meal stop,

Reactions: bgenlvtex