Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I just got back from Baja a couple weeks ago. My only word of caution is that if you head south from San Felipe along HWY 5, be prepared for some slow going. There was some incredible flooding from the hurricanes this year that wiped out most of the bridges and washes so the road is absolutely trashed. be prepared for a number of off-road detours.

Places to consider checking out: San Felipe, Puertecitos, Coco's Corner, Bahía de los Ángeles. How many days are you planning on being down there? I wouldn't go much farther south than Bahía de los Ángeles unless you are there for more than a week. Our trip was only 8 days (starting in Tucson, AZ) and we ended up all the way down in Guerrero Negro before heading back north. Our pace felt very rushed, definitely too much distance (~1800mi) for an 8 day trip

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Oh, and we are definitely interested in joining your trip as well, but it would depend on the timing. We have another Mexico adventure in-planning for March to head down along the Sonora coast from Puerto Peñasco to Bahia Kino