Plan to visit New Jersey Parks and Forests?

• HTML tutorial

TSO_NJ

Rank V

Explorer I

Burlington County, NJ, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mez
Member #

Post Update (link): P.L.1973, c.307 Amended (212th Legislature, A4172, Adopted December 6, 2007)

Original Post: Policy Directive 2002-001, Off-Road Vehicle Use (link: NJ DEP ORV Policy)

“Background

The term "off road vehicle" refers to a broad array of vehicles now in use by the public:
  • Any motorized vehicle with two or more wheels or tracks that is capable of being operated off of regularly improved and maintained roads shall be classified as an ORV. This includes all pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles, motor cycles, dirt bikes, all terrain vehicles and snowmobiles.
  • Class I ORVs include all vehicles that are licensed, registered, insured and inspected as required to legally operate on any road or highway of the State designated for vehicle traffic.
  • Class II ORVs includes any vehicle lacking one or more of the criteria needed for operation on any road or highway designated for vehicle traffic. Class II ORVs may be operated on public lands only with a special permit or on private property with the permission of the landowner.”

Travel at your own risk.

Attachments

Last edited:

whododat

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TN
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Jim
Gee, I have no idea why I left that state..
We did have fun driving on Brigantine beach though.

Reactions: TSO_NJ

rich5665

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Jamesburg, NJ, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Wharton State Park has a few dirt roads that look challenging. I wouldn’t take a car down them. There’s plenty of places to camp and hike as well.

Reactions: TSO_NJ