Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Overlanding........why I try and get away from civilization cause of crap like this.

D-Rings. Tighten them down with a pry bar that has an alignment tip. Makes them impossible to get off without tools. I've had a D ring tow receiver point for years that hasn't ....... found a new home ....... yet. Plus hand tightened d-rings are known to depart on the trail due to vibration.

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
My son had his 20" light bar and fog lights stolen off his jeep at his work parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

If I leave the shovel/axe/Hi-Lift on the rack, no matter where I am, I lock it up. Just run a gun lock through them and around the rack or mount. It may at least deter them or give me enough time to hear something in my driveway and send out the lady of the house to introduce herselffullsizeoutput_4af.jpeg

buz1nonly

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, CA
Member #

I lived in flagstaff for a few years and and I would agree with AO this area is not bad in any terms. I think it happened when we were grabbing food and parked outside of Elote off of highway179. It sucks and I learned my lesson. I like the zip tie trick as well but I am cranking them down with a breaker bar.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Thieves are definitely opportunistic and obviously have no regard for other's properties. "Monkey see, monkey snag". Years ago, I had to replace a $200 door lock when some idiot broke into my vehicle and stole a pack of cigarettes laying out in plain sight. Nothing else was visible because nothing else of value was in the vehicle.