Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Budapest, Hungary
First Name
Ferenc
Last Name
Elekes
Member #

Hi, I'm in Costa Rica with my van and kind of stuck (just before shipping from Panama...). The initial diagnosis is that the van broke down due to a solenoid failure.

The part is BOSCH 1467202320
(The IVECO part number is 93160151

It should be widely available but it's hard to track it down in Costa Rica as I could not find a big chain like Auto Zone or something similar.

Can anyone help where can I try to find this part in Costa Rica?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
As said already if it would be an idea to buy it abroad to ship it to Costa Rica just let me know. Happy to help to see if it would be available here and how it could best be shipped to Costa Rica (edit: just checked briefly on that possibility, however, it looks like that only some parcel companies offer it from here and prices are extremely high).

Can you please add here how you can be reached best (forums pn, whattsapp, phone, radio comms, etc.) and where you are currently located. This makes it easier for helpers to help you.

Just checked the member map, there are some members in Costa Rica shown on the map. Maybe try to contact one near where you are curently?

Last edited:
Reactions: Overlandsite_Ferenc

Overlandsite_Ferenc

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Budapest, Hungary
First Name
Ferenc
Last Name
Elekes
Member #

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
It seems that there is a IVECO Service Center in San Jose. Have you tried that one?

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Reposting to this Support Alert:

Have you been to a large shop? We had to have brake calipers replaced due to a seizure and they were able to get the part from San Jose. Ironically that was after we had returned from the States with a new Power Steering Pump since the quote from Ford was more than it cost for us to fly round trip to the US and buy the part. We just turned it into a 7 week break from the road. What town are you in?

A search for that part landed me on PartsBOS which lists it as a replacement for:

FIAT
9946332 ,
FORD
6185248, 894F9P979AA ,
IVECO
8052562, 9946332, 93160151 ,
MAGIRUS-DEUTZ
93160151 ,
NISSAN
039037960 ,
PERKINS
26420289 ,
RENAULT
5001830476 ,

BOSCH
1467202313, 1467202317

I know there is an Iveco service center in San Jose and IIRC, Nissans are quite prevalent in CR. Not sure if one of those other part numbers will work but, in theory, they should since the Bosch part is also a replacement for them. Sometimes you have to help the mechanic look outside the box by giving them other related part numbers to find a replacement...all assuming that the original diagnosis is correct of course.

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Thanks. That is the one I posted above, right? There are several reviews by overlanders who were very happy with the service there.
Yes, I didn't notice you posted it. We have been to that shop. While they couldn't help us they were a great bunch of guys and happened to have a Venezuelan on staff that was familiar with our engine. They confirmed our diagnosis and helped us get a lead on the part. They were going to install it for us but the bossman said no since our van isn't an Iveco so we had to go elsewhere.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Please keep us informed on your progress. I might need to expand the invite area for the msg.

zgfiredude

Rank VI

Steward I

Silt, CO, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Reposting to this Support Alert:

Have you been to a large shop? We had to have brake calipers replaced due to a seizure and they were able to get the part from San Jose. Ironically that was after we had returned from the States with a new Power Steering Pump since the quote from Ford was more than it cost for us to fly round trip to the US and buy the part. We just turned it into a 7 week break from the road. What town are you in?

A search for that part landed me on PartsBOS which lists it as a replacement for:

FIAT
9946332 ,
FORD
6185248, 894F9P979AA ,
IVECO
8052562, 9946332, 93160151 ,
MAGIRUS-DEUTZ
93160151 ,
NISSAN
039037960 ,
PERKINS
26420289 ,
RENAULT
5001830476 ,

BOSCH
1467202313, 1467202317

I know there is an Iveco service center in San Jose and IIRC, Nissans are quite prevalent in CR. Not sure if one of those other part numbers will work but, in theory, they should since the Bosch part is also a replacement for them. Sometimes you have to help the mechanic look outside the box by giving them other related part numbers to find a replacement...all assuming that the original diagnosis is correct of course.
As @John and Mandi stated, PartsBOS shows it for $81.27.......they are in Latvia, their website shows shipping to Costa Rica. Good Luck.

Reactions: Overlandsite_Ferenc

Overlandsite_Ferenc

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Budapest, Hungary
First Name
Ferenc
Last Name
Elekes
Member #

Thank you all for the responses! This community is amazing!!

We've been trying to track down the part in the whole of Costa Rica, we've spoken to a number of stores and the official Iveco dealership as well. What's surprising is that this part is not unique, not brand specific, it should be widely available, but we still couldn't find it.

It would be pretty urgent because if we don't make it to Panama by early next week, we will miss our boat to Colombia.

So having looked into the issue and not being able to find the part (and not really having time to wait for a delivery from overseas) we decided to do a bush fix. We basically just replaced the part with a rusty wire and trying to get to Panama this way. It's not perfect, but hopefully it will hold up.

Our plan is to cross into Panama tomorrow, to make sure we don't miss our boat andwe will have about a week to find the part and fix the issue permanently.

Iveco is present in Panama too, so that's a good start. I already messaged them and will try to track down a Bosch parts distributor.

Thanks again for everyone who tried/trying to help!!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thank you all for the responses! This community is amazing!!

We've been trying to track down the part in the whole of Costa Rica, we've spoken to a number of stores and the official Iveco dealership as well. What's surprising is that this part is not unique, not brand specific, it should be widely available, but we still couldn't find it.

It would be pretty urgent because if we don't make it to Panama by early next week, we will miss our boat to Colombia.

So having looked into the issue and not being able to find the part (and not really having time to wait for a delivery from overseas) we decided to do a bush fix. We basically just replaced the part with a rusty wire and trying to get to Panama this way. It's not perfect, but hopefully it will hold up.

Our plan is to cross into Panama tomorrow, to make sure we don't miss our boat andwe will have about a week to find the part and fix the issue permanently.

Iveco is present in Panama too, so that's a good start. I already messaged them and will try to track down a Bosch parts distributor.

Thanks again for everyone who tried/trying to help!!
Awesome. Thanks for your update. Thank you to everyone who helped. This is a great community!

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
If you need to ship the part from the US to Colombia use Servientrega. You have to setup a Clubox and send the part there. Once it arrives you will add an address for Colombia, you can use one of their offices, and they will ship it there including clearing customs. They own their own planes so once you get it to Miami, where the Clubox address is, they handle it all. We used them more than once, including some replacement parts. They may also be operating in Europe, looks like there's a Madrid office, but you'd have to look into it further.