Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

For those of you who upgraded your Tacoma leaf springs, did you remove the overload spring? I’m adding Icon’s add a leaf and Icon 2.0 shocks, but not sure if I should remove the overload spring. I’ll be carrying standard camping gear and a fiberglass shell, so nothing extreme. But I don’t want the stinkbug look. Just trying to minimize the sag in the rear end. Would like everything to be level with the front, which has a Bilstein leveling kit.

PintSize

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Corpus Christi, Texas
Member #

I left the overload spring in. Personally I like having a slight rake/ higher rear end- when I load more gear it tends to level out the truck.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

How much taller of a lift are we talking here? I would like to have stiffer leafs and springs for the added gear weight but not lift the truck. Is this possible? I plan on a shell and racks on roof for gear. Possibly a rear bumper upgrade for spare tire mount.

theMightyGoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Gossett
Member #

I added the Icon add-a-leaf and removed the overload. I also switched to the Icon 2.0 shocks. Huge difference. Sits nicely with shell and racks and doesn’t sag when loaded.