Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I started building my Raptor when I brought it home on the Fourth of July. I have done quite a few mods, but there are more to come. I am hoping to gain some insight from the community along the way!

Mods/gear so far:
Snugtop Rebel with Yakima tracks and cross bars and wing windows
Decked drawer system for the bed
NFab bumper light bar
Auxbeam 7” round LED lights
Rigid A-pillar mounts with Auxbeam amber dust running lights
Cobra all-in-one CB radio with Firestick antenna
Yakima Megawarrior Roof Basket
Yakima Slim Shady Awning
GG Lighting 40” LED bar on the roof rack
2 Auxbeam 4” work flood lights on the rear of the rack
2 Maxtraxs
48” hilift
Timbren rear over load bum stops
2 H20 rotopax
1 Fuel rotopax
Warn VR12s winch (waiting on bumper)

Attachments

Last edited:

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

By the way, I am gathering the parts to mount my winch bumper and have to relocate the adaptive cruise control. Does anybody know if there is any recalibration to be done when relocating this unit?

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

I am very pleased with the Snugtop Rebel for this truck. I opted it with the side wind doors and the LED interior light with 2 USB ports for charging. It also has the flip down front window for cleaning. The Yakima tracks, towers and crossbars are awesome. My Mega Warrior basket from my Explorer bolted right on!

Attachments

Last edited:

Eric Dittmar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Illinois
Following your build as I have a 2017 SuperCrew Raptor as well. Want to build the truck up for solo overlanding or with my 9 year old sun. Looking at a trailer for when my wife and daughter want to go also.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Following your build as I have a 2017 SuperCrew Raptor as well. Want to build the truck up for solo overlanding or with my 9 year old sun. Looking at a trailer for when my wife and daughter want to go also.
Thanks Eric, definitely happy to share ideas!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Next step! I got all the parts for the winch and bumper install! This turned out to be a major project. With the EcoBoost Raptors you have two choices with winch bumpers. In the bumper and have to relocate the Intercooler or an “out front” bumper and relocate the adaptive cruise control. I choose the later as California frowns on relocating the Intercooler. I choose the Warn Ascent bumper and the Warn VR12s 12,000lb winch. I also got the ADD adaptive cruise control relocation bracket.

So in a statement the install was a B*#ch! I hate plastic trim clips! The ADD bracket instructions are wrong, warn winch and warn bumper holes did not line up, light mounts bracket in the bumper did not line up and had to be trimmed, and after it all the bumper does not space well and I am getting tire rub on tight turns. Stock tires and suspension, so something is off in the design somewhere! Me and another person triple checked the install for accuracy.

Aside from the challenges and the 8 hour install I love this setup! The adaptive cruise needs to be tuned yet. I am going to trim the bumper ends for better clearance. I am also going to put and SSR 2.5 lift, so that should help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Cant say I'm a fan of that bumper but I understand the practicality of having a winch when your out and about by yourself. Instead of a lift I would look at a threaded spring sleeve and a set of gieser bros springs and a rear leaf pack, as these truck already have a 2" lift block in the rear like in the link below
https://www.svcoffroad.com/product-page/stage-1-starter-kit
Cool, thanks for the feedback and the info, I will check out the link

DividedSky

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

USA
Member #

By the way, I am gathering the parts to mount my winch bumper and have to relocate the adaptive cruise control. Does anybody know if there is any recalibration to be done when relocating this unit?
At least on tundras, no. Don’t have to recalibrate.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

An update on the Warn Ascent bumper: I ended up trimming the bumper down a couple of inches and refinishing the ends and installing door edge trim. I made the cut to follow the line of the fender flare. I am really pleased and have solved the clearance issues and then some.

Attachments

Reactions: brobin15

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Just got my ready lift 2.5” SST kit. I am excited to get it it installed this weekend. Looking for a little extra clearance due to the length of this truck.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

E6F6B6CC-82B4-45AA-A5EF-E21B3AC5982C.jpeg Build has slowed down a bit with lots going on. Still haven’t got the lift on :( that whole time, money, work thing gets in the way!

I have been able to get some little projects done that I like. I got my Polaski Axe mounted as well as my Builtright Industries cargo managers.

Thank to @tahoeadventures for the idea, I used the underside of my Yakima roof track mounts and then used a Builtright Industries @builtrightindustries stand off and two quickfist mounts to mount the Polaski. Really pleased with the install and I can reach it from the side flip up wind door on the Snugtop Rebel.

Reactions: Fisk

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

5E8F3F12-EBCD-4F49-AB06-332390027C8B.jpeg 7F5AAD1F-CB31-42EF-AFD4-040C616D667E.jpeg For the cargo managers I had to cut them down and make them fit because I have the “Decked” drawer system. I was able o make a clean cut and paint the edges up so the mounts look good as new. I had to do a minor bit of Dremel trimming on the edge of the Decked System to clear as well. It all worked out nicely and the Ford mounting system plus the Builtright pieces all came together well.

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

5510A3E1-0044-4F6B-A55F-FE412F5E4B6D.jpeg 852730FF-98FA-4F5A-9A87-A674DEB3857F.jpeg 5F44F3B2-2047-4682-99EB-DA19C873A963.jpeg I finally got some lights for the cut outs in the Warn bumper. Fun project today getting the blanks cut out, mounting and wiring the lights. Gotta love the factory installed upfitter switches, sure makes it easier to install lights. Also replaced a bunch of trim clips from the winch and bumper project. I hate these stupid one use trim clips!

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

So I upgraded my dust running/fog lights from my $30 Amazon specials to the Baja Design Squadron Sport lights. What an incredible difference! I did a night run in the desert at Anza Borrego coming back from Fints Point and was very pleased. There is definitely a major difference. The only downside was during the installation one of the nylon locking nuts seized on me and after much fighting I ended up taking the saws all to it and putting in a new bolt and nut. It wouldn’t be a good tuck project without some swearing and power tools!