Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

In a few weeks, I'll be heading towards sequoia. Anyone know of some good camping spots, away from campgrounds?
Preferably with no one around?

I was pointed towards the north side of sequoia.

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

I’m not familiar with any dispersed camping close to the park entry by Three rivers/198. How far north of sequoia were you directed to?

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I’m not familiar with any dispersed camping close to the park entry by Three rivers/198. How far north of sequoia were you directed to?
Having nothing planned yet. Many told me the Northside is better for overlanding but couldn't give me directions or places.

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

Having nothing planned yet. Many told me the Northside is better for overlanding but couldn't give me directions or places.
Sequoia national park is closed about six miles into the park, so the giant sequoias are inaccessible there. Your best bet is up in kings canyon national park to see the large sequoia trees. There are dispersed campsites around the Hume lake area. I’m not sure how accessible shaver lake area is.

Reactions: Outdoordog

GunRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lindsay, CA
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

Did you ever make it out to sequoia? I just got back from going up into kings canyon national park. Grants grove is open and you can see giant sequoias there. I did dispersed camping up by Hume lake where it becomes national forest. Hume is good for fishing too.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Did you ever make it out to sequoia? I just got back from going up into kings canyon national park. Grants grove is open and you can see giant sequoias there. I did dispersed camping up by Hume lake where it becomes national forest. Hume is good for fishing too.
No I haven't yet, I was told there's still a lot of snow there and some of the trails are impassible.

Reactions: GunRunner