Overlanding California Early March

• HTML tutorial

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

I will be arriving in California March 2nd and leaving March 11 to pick up a 4wd AEV style Ram 2500 for loaner .the plan was to take a trip through Death Valley, Sequoia, Yosemite, and Eldorado National Forest. I have since learned that the snow and seasonal closures will make this nearly impossible. I can't change dates and want to be primarily offroad for the majority of the time. I'm thinking now that I may stick to death valley and mojave. Any advice on areas to go and trails to hit is VERY appreciated!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
It looks like you’ll have plenty of time to do some exploring. For a good source check out what is considered the “Bible “ for California trails. It has Death Valley trails as well as the Mojave Road (give yourself 3-4 days), it should still be available on Amazon. Feel free to reach out or DM me.

D837C35A-AAE0-489C-9143-BF22DBE3D795.jpeg

I will be arriving in California March 2nd and leaving March 11 to pick up a 4wd AEV style Ram 2500 for loaner .the plan was to take a trip through Death Valley, Sequoia, Yosemite, and Eldorado National Forest. I have since learned that the snow and seasonal closures will make this nearly impossible. I can't change dates and want to be primarily offroad for the majority of the time. I'm thinking now that I may stick to death valley and mojave. Any advice on areas to go and trails to hit is VERY appreciated!! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Attachments

Sir William Goes

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Lexington, SC
Member #

Thanks! I have been recommended that book quite a bit I will check it out for sure. Hopefully I can find one while out there cause Amazon cant get it here in time

Reactions: Narbob