overland UTV builds? Anyone into this sort of thing?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I am currently in possession of a 2012 Polaris ranger crew 500. I am going to start outfitting this rig for weekend camping trips with the family. It can tow our sylvansport Go camper without issue so that can be home base. I already have DOT At/Mt tires installed 30" side wall height, a 2 inch lift to get it off the ground, a UMHW full skid plate to keep rocks and stuff out of the chassis and I have a Polaris / Warn winch setup on it. My wife and I were going to buy two dual sport motorcycles this spring but instead we are going to spend that money on building the sxs even more. I am going to be getting new front and rear KFI bumpers with winch and light mounts, a rear soft topper for the bed of the rig and a roof rack for extra carrying capacity. I have added led headlights and a set of LED floods for slow speed use but we are going to install a set of spots on the new bumper for higher speed running in the night. And since we can all go in it, we are getting a set of tracks so we no longer need to purchase 2 snowmobiles.
Inside I have a Garmin Montana GPS with birdseye/topo/street mapping installed and we use bell Mag 9 helmets with Sena communication units so we can talk without yelling over the engine. I am using it to plow my driveway in the winter and it does a better job than my JK did with blade installed.

Anyone else into UTV overlanding/camping builds?