Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

@Road I have always considered myself pretty great at packing, I am a runny nose schoolboy compared to your mastery brother....wow.

Did you buy or build the trailer, if built got a build link?

Hey all you Brit drivers here in Reno I just seen a "British 4x4" here had a cool picture on the wall of Churchill, his dog and his LR.......

jim
Thanks, Jim.

Bought. I've made trailers, converted trailers, and had a couple military trailers of WWII and Vietnam vintage. None came anywhere close to comparing to the efficiency, utility, durability, and longevity of this trailer. It's a great foundation to which I added awning, RTT, compressor, inverter, solar, deep cycles, etc. Some from Schutt, some from 3rd party sources.

It is one rugged trailer. All heavy duty aluminum frame and components, huck bolted together, all mil spec everything, and capable of being dropped by parachute into disaster zones and battlefields, literally.

It is an XV-2 XVenture trailer from Schutt in Clintonville WI, the town where 4x4 was invented, says a billboard outside of town. I've been up there a couple times. They've made over 55,000 military trailers for govts around the world, and make a wide variety of heavy duty commercial trailers, too. If there's anyone knows how to build trailers, it's these guys.

Because I stay out for months at a time wandering and adventuring, the multi-use functionality of this trailer, as well as being able to carry 22gals of fresh water, have hot water and both 12v and 110 power on demand, an open cargo area big as a long bed pickup, and cargo capacity greater than a 1 ton pickup at 2540#, all while still able to sleep up top, makes it the best deal for me.

I posted about the water system on this trailer this morning, here.

And yep, I've been dealing with LCI for years and appreciate they create career opportunities for people who are blind and disabled. Got a gallon of hand sanitizer and disposable masks from them at the beginning of the pandemic.

I made a post way back about sanitizing water jugs and trailer systems and will be doing it again here in a month or so after frost is gone.

canoeloaded-900.jpeg