Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'll be there with the whole family again. We're looking forward to another super fun time at this event!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am planing a meet&greet at the Overland Bound booth the Saturday evening of Expo. I really want to get all of our regions together and swap stories and put some faces to the names.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Yes I'm going to Overland Expo this year, doing the full experience, need to caravan with a group. Lleaving from Sherman , TX
Just got our tickets for the full experience and campground reservations a few minutes ago. If you're going up via the 287 to 40 and across route, we can probably hook up in a mini caravan since I'll be, sorta, passing by Sherman on the way out there. We're planning to stay in the area for another week or so and camp around Grand Canyon and maybe some of Southern Utah if time allows.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I am planing a meet&greet at the Overland Bound booth the Saturday evening of Expo. I really want to get all of our regions together and swap stories and put some faces to the names.
That sounds great, looking forward to it.

Reactions: Firemom

KF5UZW MARK PILKILTON

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Sherman, TX
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Pilkilton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5UZW
Sound good , yes 287 to 40

Last year I left Sherman on Tuesday morning 2am and drove straight threw and stayed first night at Koa camp in flagstaff. Don’t know what your plans are for departure date .

Reactions: ru108

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
Check-in at the campground is supposed to be sometime Thursday. We’re looking at leaving the Baton Rouge area on Wednesday morning sometime to get there hopefully late morning or early afternoon on Thursday to get set up and recover from the drive. Once they put out the CG opening time I’ll be able to pin down a better departure time and ETA to north Texas to meet up.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
are guests from other regions aloud to join or is it just for the region that puts it on
Overland Expo is for everyone it is not an official Overland Bound event. OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Jeff & Heather

KF5UZW MARK PILKILTON

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Sherman, TX
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Pilkilton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5UZW
Yes I agree as time gets closer we can do better planning. Well, I really meant , I left Wednesday morning at 2 AM, and spent the Wednesday night at KOA camp. Got In to Flagstaff about 5 PM. there time . Last year if you are doing the full experience, you get in one hour before the mad dash and you enter from a different entrance.

ru108

Rank V

Traveler II

Prairieville, LA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Tindall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5TIN
Service Branch
USN
@Pindal I'm just south of Baton Rouge, LA and Mark is just north of Dallas. My route to Flagstaff is going to take me through his general area so we're looking at meeting up as I pass through north Texas. I'm betting there'll be a bunch of Cali folks going who will likely start posting meetups and questions as we get closer to jump off. Just keep an eye out on this thread and the forum in general and I'm sure you'll catch a post or three from someone out your way looking to join up for the drive.

As for when the camping opens, I pulled the below info off of the OE West site from 2018, so this should at least give you an idea of what time frame you're looking at. I wouldn't be surprised if they do pretty much the same for 2019:

Thursday, May 17, 2018
1 pm to 7 pm: exhibitor check-in and set-up; camping opens;
attendee check-in for Overland Experience and Weekend Passes with Camping

Hope this helps!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Convoy from where and by what places would they pass?
We will be coming from El Dorado County, just East of Sac. Ill probably put out a rally point early next year and see who wants to travel together. Last year the convoy went to Vegas then Expo dont know the route yet for our group. The Sierra Foothills Overlanders will have probably 5 and we expect for some Sac area people to travel with us.