OVERLAND EXPO IS COMING TO THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST!

• HTML tutorial

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
As some of you know this Overland Expo is coming to our neck of the woods in July. I plan to go this year (my first time) and wanted to know if others plan to go?

JULY 8-10, 2022
DESCHUTES COUNTY EXPO CENTER // BEND (REDMOND), OREGON
FRI 9-5 | SAT 8-5 | SUN 8-3

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
You bet, we have already scheduled the time off, will head down early in the week and get some time exploring around the area before the expo.

Reactions: Advtres and MeliMK

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
As some of you know this Overland Expo is coming to our neck of the woods in July. I plan to go this year (my first time) and wanted to know if others plan to go?

JULY 8-10, 2022
DESCHUTES COUNTY EXPO CENTER // BEND (REDMOND), OREGON
FRI 9-5 | SAT 8-5 | SUN 8-3
John, we should make sure we hook up. The wife and I are planning on being there this year. I know @David H is planning on going as well.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
John, we should make sure we hook up. The wife and I are planning on being there this year. I know @David H is planning on going as well.
Right you are @reaver - Chava are really looking forward to this adventure. I've driven through the Bend area several times, but have not been adventuring there. I'm looking forward to meeting the peeps and seeing the sights...

Reactions: Advtres and reaver

Matthew Bruns

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Washougal, WA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Bruns
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB4UNS
Yep, me and the girl will be there as well. Had to cancel and refund our tickets for the 2021 in Loveland, CO.

Reactions: MeliMK

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Booked the overland experience (camping) and I cant wait to get edumacated the whole weekend
!
Jerry, looking forward to seeing you guys there, hoping we get out on the trail together sooner than that though!

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Other options to camp besides at the expo? I'm only going to able to make it for 1 full day and don't want to pay for a whole weekend camping at it. Plus I have a friend in Bend who might be able to stay with but haven't confirmed yet, or maybe camp outside of Bend in the woods like the overland gods and goddesses intended.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Hmmm.... we also got Covid'd (a new word Mr Webster!) for Loveland in 2020. We are doing a LOT of travel catch up this year but have a gap in July. From BC, Bend OR would be VERY doable. Hopefully we can pull this together :-)

Reactions: M Rose

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Just an FYI for everyone, trailer overall length cannot exceed 17' if you are going to be camping on the expo grounds. Going to possibly change my plans, I'll have to find another place to park the HQ19 if I end up going.

Reactions: LunarOne

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Just got my ticket for the weekend. Going to be staying at the RV park next door due to trailer limits in the expo center. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Reactions: Crispy and LunarOne

ifellonscissors

Rank II

Contributor III

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Fish
Member #

I just got my Vehicle ticket for this. I'm really excited to go and see what the Expo is all about. I think I'm more jazzed at the prospect of meeting people that like off roading/camping. It's not as much fun to do by yourself...

What do those of you going think about the idea of meeting up a time or two before the event? Just to do introductions, talk vehicles, favorite kind of trips, what you're looking for out of the Expo, etc. I'd be willing to drive to as central a location as possible to include more people. Or maybe do multiple meet-ups to accommodate schedules?