Overland Bound Regional Facebook Groups Update.

• HTML tutorial

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
As many of you are aware Overland Bound has stepped away from running and overseeing the Regional Facebook Groups. The driving force behind this decision is based on the platform enhancements being made on the Overland Bound One App to support social communication between members.

This is not Overland Bound stepping away from the community, in fact by developing the App further they are strengthening their connection with the Overlanding Community with a view to creating not only the best but the most powerful App for Overlanders worldwide.

When stepping away members were asked if they would be willing to take over running the pages independently of Overland Bound.

With the Mid Europe Group a miscommunication resulted in an some confusion which we are in the process of resolving and we appreciate your patience as the new admins take steps to bring the group back on track.

Currently there are no big changes coming, the principles of Overland Bound and the Group remain in place, and we will discuss any changes that are needed in advance. Our sole aim is to improve, enhance and raise the profile of the group for the benefit of all Overland Bound Members and with that in mind if you have suggestions and or ideas anyone of us is happy to discuss them.

I am a temporary Admin and additional admin / moderators have been identified and will be introduced to you all shortly.

With regards the social media platforms we currently use such as Facebook and WhatsApp these are great for sharing social posts and photos but the best place to post information on builds, trips and meets is the OB1 app where the information is saved and easily referenced for future needs by all members.
With regards OB1 App I like many initially found the OB1 App clunky and often difficult to use but the App has come a long way since those early days and I have found it runs smoothly and easily navigated, allows you to access all the information you normally see on the web-based platform seamlessly and the map improvements, POI’s and Routes have been updated and continue to be so. So, if you haven’t already done so download the app and start using it. Within the forums there is an OB1 Q&A section where to can find answers and if you have any constructive feedback please send it to OB or myself for discussion / implementation.
Thanks
The Admins / Moderators