Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
MPGoverland
Service Branch
USN
Good Sunday,
I'm a novice camper. I started my adventure with nature walks and eventually moved into longer hikes and walks of up to 12 miles. Moved from there into camping and then to overlanding. Now all three are combined. I drive the 4 Runner TRD Off-road 2018 model. I've built it up over the last couple of years for car and tent camping. 3in lift, tires, skid plates, rock crawlers...off-road capable. I don't consider myself a rock crawler, but not adverse to it with a trusted crew. I'm in central NC.

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@MPG Overland Welcome to the forum! Hope you find the information here useful.

Greensboro is a bit out from me, but if you have the time, I'll be running with a group in Uwharrie later in July. Check the Rally Points if you're interested.

There's a lot of fun to be had in NC, every thing from mountains to swamps. You got a particular favorite spot you like?

Reactions: Adventure Overland

MPG Overland

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
MPGoverland
Service Branch
USN
Thank you for the invite. I don't have a particular favorite spot. I've been down to Uwharrie before, I hit a few of the trails . I'll check the rallying points and confirm those dates. I actually prefer the mountains. But, it's all an adventure. Thanks again. I'm looking for a group to ride the SCAR and camp all the way to the beach.

Reactions: DintDobbs

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Sunday,
I'm a novice camper. I started my adventure with nature walks and eventually moved into longer hikes and walks of up to 12 miles. Moved from there into camping and then to overlanding. Now all three are combined. I drive the 4 Runner TRD Off-road 2018 model. I've built it up over the last couple of years for car and tent camping. 3in lift, tires, skid plates, rock crawlers...off-road capable. I don't consider myself a rock crawler, but not adverse to it with a trusted crew. I'm in central NC.
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo About EAST — Overland Expo®
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@MPG Overland If you find yourself on the coast, check out NC Hwy 12. It runs directly out onto Corolla Beach on the barrier islands. Passes right through Kitty Hawk if you go south. Awesome drive, but know about sand before you head that way, ha ha. You always see lots of sinking rigs.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good Sunday,
Hello and welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: MPG Overland

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Good Sunday,
Welcome to the overland bound community. Glad to have you join us.