Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

Thanks for providing feedback on those stabilizing jacks, I have been looking at a set like those myself. Are you able to level the trailer by lifting/decompressing the suspension with them?
I didn't lift the trailer off the ground to level. Both times I used them (so far)was lucky enough to find level ground so the jacks are used to make it completely level. I don't think these are as stable as the ones welded/mounted to the trailer. I may eventually go that route, but I went with these thinking i could level better with the thread jack rather than the ones with a locking pin. If that makes sense? :)

zwhitebread

Rank I

Contributor III

Mount Carroll, IL, USA
First Name
Zachary
Last Name
Whitebread
I love this setup! My father is a recently retired veterinarian. He kept his vetbox and gave it to me. I was going to attempt a similar build. I’m glad that I found this thread. I have been trying to convince my fiancé that it could be done and it would turn out nice. Your build finally gave me enough evidence to get the go ahead!

Reactions: Bri4Runner

Bri4Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

I love this setup! My father is a recently retired veterinarian. He kept his vetbox and gave it to me. I was going to attempt a similar build. I’m glad that I found this thread. I have been trying to convince my fiancé that it could be done and it would turn out nice. Your build finally gave me enough evidence to get the go ahead!

I ended up trading the trailer back in November but feel free to email me if you ever have any questions! mrbdooley@gmail.com

Bri4Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Waco, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Dooley
Member #

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. Did you trade it for a different trail? or just moved on?
We got several good trips out of the trailer but living in Waco, TX there are not many places close enough to really use it (that my 2 teenage daughters would enjoy). We'd drive 4–6hrs to camp for a weekend so we figured we'd like to get a trailer that had easier set up for the family.

I traded it for a 2003 Lexus GX470 that needed some work but still a solid trade :) It's been a fun project and keeping me out of trouble, LOL. We do miss having the trailer and the ability to just hook up and go without having to plan. We kept everything in the trailer so it was always set to just go and freed up all that space in the garage.

It was a ton of fun to build and I love challenges like that. Those vet boxes are perfect for a trailer build and getting one for cheap or free is the way to go! Best of luck on your build, I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Attachments