Our "mostly" homebuilt adventure trailer

• HTML tutorial

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Please say hello to Sid, our companion on nearly all of our adventures. We've owned him for about two years now, and have loved every minute of it. He started off in 1956 as a cargo/work bed from a 1956 pickup. These were usually referred to as "lineman's beds" and were used similar to today's cargo vans, with storage bins and drawers.
He's come quite a long way since we picked him up. A new frame (with suspension!!) bigger wheels/tires, batteries and lights, fridge/freezer, an awning, and a few other little mods. As most of our "toys" in this lifestyle, he's a constant work in progress!

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Nice! I love repurposing older items and giving them a new life!
Same here! And as much as I love the original steel drawers/dividers and such, the layout just doesn't quite work. We do plan to replace those with wooden ones we'll build, and make adjustable dividers in them.

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Thanks!
A walk around video is scheduled as we've had a lot of requests for it. Headed to PINS (Texas coast) this weekend. Plan to shoot it then if it's not too windy.

Here is my home-built trailer, currently rebuilding the box out of Duraplate, the wood was a bad idea. lol
18301175_10211573095976059_341549711089753433_n.jpg

ZuLander

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

San Marcos, Tx
Member #

Here is my home-built trailer, currently rebuilding the box out of Duraplate, the wood was a bad idea. lol
View attachment 24130
I've heard about that duraplate stuff. Sounds pretty nice!
Looks like a solid platform to build on for sure! I wish I could replace my curved fenders, but the passenger side of the trailer is out galley, and I haven't found ones yet that would still allow us to open the side door, where the fridge and pantry are.