Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vernon, BC
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Buell
Member #

That’s a pretty sweet build. I like that you can raise the tent up in camp and that it has some struts to assist with raising and lower it. Well done, looks solid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pappy

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Thanks Bueller, I have added a small electric 12 volt winch to lower the tent , The next thing is onboard water and a heater for a shower.

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
That is nice Pappy! I'm in the process of planning out a build that will be similar and I'm torn between keeping the platform permanently lower or make it so it adjusts. Other than room for an annex, any big benefit over raising it up?

Also, for your lid, is it on hings or permanently attached? If permanent, do you have drawer slides? I'm currently trying to source a low cost drawer slide system. The 48" and larger heavy duty ones are pricey!

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Thanks Climber, If we are traveling and just going to stay for one night we do not lift the tent. If we do want to lift it we do the setup and put the annex on before lifting all the way up. We found it is easier that way. As far as benefits to being able to raising it. If you have our style tent you can see a little further because of being up a little higher and you have more room to set things on top of the trailer at the camp and not have them on the ground. Our awning is attached to the frame that the tent is mounted to so it needs to be lifted to use it. The lid is permanently attached and the rear door opens like a tailgate so it can be used as a table and i made a full size slide out from scraps from my job. It's the old saying if it's free it's for me! If we did it again I would do it with the lift. I hope this helps.

Have Fun!
Pappy

Reactions: Climber