Rank VI

Influencer I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Moses
Member #

Hello Overland / Camping Enthusiast. I just uploaded a review for the Otzi Portable Grill. If your curious about a compact grill / fireplace. This might be a good option for you.
Checkout the full video on YouTube - Road2manhood

#ozti #otzigear #otzireview #overlandinggear #campinggear #gearreview #portablegrill #portablefireplace #campinggrill #camping #overlanding #johnmoses #road2manhood @otzigear

Reactions: Tom Cole

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Thanks for the review. Seems like a cool little grill. How long did the steaks sit on the grill until you took them off? Did it take a while or was close to normal time for those wonderful looking fat juicy steaks?

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the grill. I enjoy mine and just let it stay in the truck since it packs so easily.

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Cool little grill, I wonder how badly that will distort with heat?
I bought the larger carbon steel grill, not the stainless. When I got it the skewers were very flexible and I thought they would be pretty useless. Being carbon steel however I treated it like a carbon skillet and ran it through a few seasoning cycles. This not only changed the color but seemed to firm up the skewers (and assume all of the panels) so that they no longer bent. I then started off with smaller fires and I have and no meaningful warping issues with the grill since.

If you want to see how the seasoning changed the color of the grill and my thoughts you can check out my video here-