Oregon State Forest Dispersed Camping Closed!!! Pick up your trash people!!!

• HTML tutorial

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I Mike Rose, Northwest Regional Director, am sad to announce:
Effective today, May 11, 2020 all dispersed camping on Oregon Department of Forestry Lands is prohibited. On May 5th, 2020, Governor Kate Brown implemented Phase 1 of reopening the stat of Oregon. Part of this project was opening some of the state parks to Day use only, and reopening State Owned lands for dispersed camping. Due to people being lazy, inconsiderate, you fill in the words you want to use, the ODF has declared all ODF Lands closed for camping. All other recreation is still open on Oregon Lands (for now) until the damage has been repaired and a plan has been implemented to keep it from happening again.

the press release in its entirety can be found bellow.

All dispersed camping closed in Oregon forests starting Monday

I will be personally calling the ODF tomorrow to try and help come up with a plan to help start the cleanup process. Over the next few weeks the Member Representatives and myself will be sending out invites and Rally Points for a State wide cleanup.
I propose that Memorial Day Weekend every member in the Northwest hits a road or trail in their area and pick up trash. Take pictures of the trash and send them to @Gabriel Bozeman to post on the official Northwest Overland Bound Facebook Page, and myself to add to our official Instagram channel. Also post your cleanup efforts to this thread.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Oregon’s Department of Forestry, and BLM have gotten back to me. I still need to hear back from the National Forest Service.

I am entering talks this week to work on Joint Partnership between these organizations and Overland Bound to get theses forests opened back up as soon as possible, along with setting long lasting partnerships to keep these lands available for future public use.