Oregon Back Country Discovery Routes | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Oregon Back Country Discovery Routes

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

jkxranger

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC7CJB
I was wondering if anyone has done any of these routes? I was hoping to get some information about trail conditions i.e. will a Full sized Rig would be able to make it without damaging the surroundings. or should I stick with taking the trip with a Polaris Ranger 800XP?

Here is a link to what I am looking at: http://www.oohva.org/

Thanks

Rubilocal

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

Hey Jkxranger
I have not run these yet. I have a plan to try and run #3 from Cali border to sisters this summer. There is a little info on YouTube , and I have found a little info from other websites. I know The guys from Oregon trail adventures (think that's the name) have done part of it. Also it's a very popular motorcycle route so you might find some info researching that. I have seen video of fj55's on parts of it and the guy that developed the trail maps did it in unmodified WJ. I understand that most of the trail is logging and fire roads.
Hope you will share what you find here.
Rubilocal

Cpl J

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham Callsign
ke7cqw
Hi, where in Oregon are you from? I am in Madras.

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
In May I am running the sections from Prineville to Senecca, Senecca to Unity, Unity to Meacham, and Meacham up to Walla Walla. Trip planning thread is here http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/spring-2016-obdr.902411/ I am guessing we will be the first group on it for the year and we are hoping the snow pack starts melting pretty quick. I know that during the dead of summer you can run 90% of it with a Toyota Camery. There are some water crossings that you probably would want something larger. Your full size rig should be just fine.

Cpl J

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham Callsign
ke7cqw
Heck Yea, where do you go? I do most of my camping up off of the 18 road on China hat.

Crispy

Rank VI

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

These routes look fantastic. I was planning a trip to Oregon from California May 31st-June 5th. When are you going? @Rubilocal @jkxranger

I was wondering if anyone has done any of these routes? I was hoping to get some information about trail conditions i.e. will a Full sized Rig would be able to make it without damaging the surroundings. or should I stick with taking the trip with a Polaris Ranger 800XP?

Thanks

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
Heck Yea, where do you go? I do most of my camping up off of the 18 road on China hat.
I just moved to Bend about 1.5 years ago. We havent done much camping but just got a CVT so that is gonna change! We go out most weekends on day trips though. I have been to Edison, Santiam OHV, Cline Butte OHV, Three Creeks area, Pine Mt area, Millican Valley area, etc...

Reactions: Cpl J

Rubilocal

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pollock Pines Ca
Member #

Wow this tread came alive! Awesome. @kent I'm actually in California. I end up in bend to see family several times a year.
@NorCalCrisp the route I want to take has high passes and is going to have snow for some time. I will be looking at late July and August for my trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cpl J

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Madras Oregon
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham Callsign
ke7cqw
I just moved to Bend about 1.5 years ago. We havent done much camping but just got a CVT so that is gonna change! We go out most weekends on day trips though. I have been to Edison, Santiam OHV, Cline Butte OHV, Three Creeks area, Pine Mt area, Millican Valley area, etc...
That is cool, I am getting my CVT tent next month. I go on vacation for 2 weeks at the beginning of May so i hope to get out for while.

Crispy

Rank VI

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Thanks
Does anyone have any GPX files for any of these trails? I'm looking to go to Oregon for the first time May 25th or May 21st. I have 7 days to complete my first journey into Oregon and get back to California. I plan on contacting the forest service ASAP about conditions.

John Galt

Rank III

Advocate II

Bend, OR
I have the track from a guy that ran it on a moto. Also I will have my person track at that point since we are starting out on May 13th. PM me your email address and I will send you what I have.