Goyo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hibbs
I'm trying to decide between the Opus op15 and a black series hq12/15 . I would like to have some honest opinion on build quality, dealerships and warranty claims.
Thanks for any experience you can share.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I hope you don’t mind if I follow this tread, I’m in the same boat. I have my eyes set on the Opus 15, and HQ blackseries 15 as my top two choices.
With that said there’s a very interesting video on YouTube where the poor guy gets his Truck and HQ blackseries 17 or 19 stuck in deep mud.
The biggest takeaway for me is to make sure I have two winches; my Smittybilt 12k mounted in the front of my Ram, and a second 12k on a hitch cradle mount that I’ll store in the back of the truck.
I’m also considering a less expensive RV with the No Boundaries 16 or 19.3
I could save 50% if I go with the No Bones over the Cadillac series by down under.
Keep me posted on what you decide to go with.

OverDavidLand

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vonderhaar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LNT
+1.

I love the vibe of Black Series but early research is not very positive on the availability of units, parts, repairs, or how to get warranty work done (at least here in SOCAL.) I have a refundable deposition on the Opus-15 which seems to better in all those areas by large margins.

jodeejo01

Rank I

Contributor III

New Mexico, USA
First Name
Jodee
Last Name
Winterrowd
Do you know how the OP15 is constructed? Is it the same plywood and crappy seals like a regular RV or is it made with something like aluminum? I couldn't find a manufacturer video on how they create the walls and roof. I have had leaks and wood rot in every rv I have owned and I am looking for something that isn't build like regular travel trailers. I don't want plywood and I don't want screws coming out every time I drive down the road. That is one of the main reasons we ruled out the NOBO, eventually all the hardware will break while driving.