Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
What kind of Matt is that on top of your Decked Draw System?
Just a rubber mat from home depot. I have three of them. I put one under my ladder for Alu-Cab RTT and use the other ones for either chair base or cooking area. Just keeps things clean. I use one under shower cube too.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
While I never tried a local scuba shop, I was always told that it was a great place to stop by powertank owners back in AZ.
I guess it is possible but, one big difference between a scuba tank and a CO2 tank is a scuba tank is filled with compressed air and or other gasses it is done by a very specialized compressor. There is no liquid in a scuba tank.

The CO2 tank is filled with liquid CO2 and must be drained of its contents before liquid CO2 can be pumped back in. From what I understand they both use very different equipment to fill tanks.

Where are you located in AZ do you have a local club?

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Just a rubber mat from home depot. I have three of them. I put one under my ladder for Alu-Cab RTT and use the other ones for either chair base or cooking area. Just keeps things clean. I use one under shower cube too.
I like it, I'll have to check that out at HD

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I guess it is possible but, one big difference between a scuba tank and a CO2 tank is a scuba tank is filled with compressed air and or other gasses it is done by a very specialized compressor. There is no liquid in a scuba tank.

The CO2 tank is filled with liquid CO2 and must be drained of its contents before liquid CO2 can be pumped back in. From what I understand they both use very different equipment to fill tanks.

Where are you located in AZ do you have a local club?
I sold my house in ALTA Mesa, between Power and Higley in 2019; moved back east for Green Grass, Tree's and Land.

Reactions: Charles M

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I sold my house in ALTA Mesa, between Power and Higley in 2019; moved back east for Green Grass, Tree's and Land.
I joined two clubs in AZ, both on FB - a Local Jeep Club and Mopar Club. I might have went to a few events with my Jeep but for the most part my weekend getaway's was reserved for my pups.

Reactions: Charles M

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
I pieced together a compressed air tank from a 20 lb CO2 tank. Now I need a compressor capable of more than 120 psi to fill this thing.IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

ChefJeff1

Rank I

Contributor III

hailey
First Name
Keff
Last Name
Walsh
Ham/GMRS Callsign
kg7uuk
I went with the Viair 450P for the 100% cycle. I opted for a portable unit for versatility and wired an Anderson plug to the vehicle and to the Viair for ease of use.

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
I went with the Viair 450P for the 100% cycle. I opted for a portable unit for versatility and wired an Anderson plug to the vehicle and to the Viair for ease of use.
I’m planning on buying the 450P-automatic and doing the exact same thing with an Anderson connector. I want to use the tank I made above with the system, too. I like the portability of this kind of setup.

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

I am going with a York 210 compressor and a 5 gal tank.
I've had a York on my TJ for twenty years - great choice!!! Three gallon tank beside the frame rail and a hand throttle to set the RPM's at 1750 and my air tools are good to go. Removed the lug nuts on my zero turn earlier this AM to access the gas tank and patch a leak. Wish there were a cost effective similar solution for my ZR2.

Reactions: M Rose