• HTML tutorial

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
Been on this site since 2016 but then stopped posting and forgot about this site for a few years. And I’ll admit I don’t get out as much as I would

Current rig: 2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon, a few upgrades.Very capable and comfortable truck, just a bit b

Camping setup is simple. Fiberglass topper with a BedRug, throw down a sleeping pad & sleeping bag, and a pillow (if I remember). Would like to make some Reflectix window shades at some point to keep the heat in during the colder months. Got a rear awning recently that I haven’t had a chance to try out ye!

Cooking setup also pretty simple; I have a classic Coleman green propane stove and a JetBoil. Obviously the Coleman is better if cooking for more than one, bit it’s much bigger…sometimes the JetBoil is nice for its size and simplicity.

Hoping to really get back into this more. RimRocker trail from Montrose CO to Moab UT has been on my to do list for a few years but had trouble getting a crew together...also wanting to do more camping /exploring down by the CO/NM border. Front range is a shit show during the summer I hate it.
IMG_2280.jpegIMG_2424.jpeg

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Been on this site since 2016 but then stopped posting and forgot about this site for a few years. And I’ll admit I don’t get out as much as I would

Current rig: 2019 Ram 2500 Power Wagon, a few upgrades.Very capable and comfortable truck, just a bit b

Camping setup is simple. Fiberglass topper with a BedRug, throw down a sleeping pad & sleeping bag, and a pillow (if I remember). Would like to make some Reflectix window shades at some point to keep the heat in during the colder months. Got a rear awning recently that I haven’t had a chance to try out ye!

Cooking setup also pretty simple; I have a classic Coleman green propane stove and a JetBoil. Obviously the Coleman is better if cooking for more than one, bit it’s much bigger…sometimes the JetBoil is nice for its size and simplicity.

Hoping to really get back into this more. RimRocker trail from Montrose CO to Moab UT has been on my to do list for a few years but had trouble getting a crew together...also wanting to do more camping /exploring down by the CO/NM border. Front range is a shit show during the summer I hate it.
View attachment 262122View attachment 262123
Welcome back you are not alone, we see quite a few members glide in and out as life goes on and that is absolutely ok so glad to see you here again

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome back To Overland Bound
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this helps the app get you local information.
Some things might have changed since your last visit to the forum, here are some updated links.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
North America
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Take a try at adding a track or point of interest to the app.
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Polaris Overland

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello and welcome back to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army

Welcome back to the overland bound community from another Ram driver. Rim rocker was one of my goals too. In June 2023 I finally got a chance to knock it out. Would you believe the trail was still closed because of snow. Glad to have you join us.

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
Welcome back to the overland bound community from another Ram driver. Rim rocker was one of my goals too. In June 2023 I finally got a chance to knock it out. Would you believe the trail was still closed because of snow. Glad to have you join us.
were you able to make it thru? or still unpassable?

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
were you able to make it thru? or still unpassable?
At that time I bailed. Getting a loaded Ram 1500 truck burried in a snow drift is fun, Getting it out isn't. I still managed to get stuck three times during this trip. Maybe someone in the region can find out if it's open.

scubasteve2002

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colorado, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Lap
Member #

Just did the same thing today haha. Been a member since 2016. When I sold the Jeep I pretty much left the group here. Now I am back but in Colorado and with a 4Runner! Just need to get a replacement badge so I can flex my sub 1,000 number ;) hahaha just kidding!