Rick
Last Name
Esquibel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N5FMF
Service Branch
USMC/USN
Welcome to the area. Air Force Vet here, out by Gretna. Been looking to put a HAM in the Jeep, already have a GMRS set up. We will have to get together sometime. Check out Nebraska Overlanders on FB, a small group, mostly Omaha based people.

Hi, I'm Gary and live in Papillion, NE. I'm Air Force so not from the local area but would really enjoy getting out with folks who know where to go to get outdoors around here. I'm rocking a Subaru Outback so not ready to hit any rock crawling but it gets around most other places OK.

I do communications in the Air Force and am licensed for GMRS and ham. If anyone local to me needs assistance with comm stuff I'm happy to help if I'm free.
Gary, just saw your post. I’m looking to add a dual or tri-band to my Jeep JT, without breaking the bank. Any thoughts you have on the subject would be appreciated.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Good afternoon!! Been lurking around OB for a couple years now and decided to start showing up. Aaron, from out here in Grant Nebraska just south of Ogallala. I've been in the "overlanding" world when it was called "jeepin" :sunglasses:. Originally from Evergreen, Co. and spent most of my youth-college years either Jeepin or backpacking. Took my turn in the Army and now I'm settled down out here. Blessed father of 3 kiddos (6, 9, and 13) and God blessed me with an amazing wife. I make ends meet working at the ethanol plant in Madrid as a Lab Tech which affords me plenty of off time to play and farm. This year we are looking forward to many trips and getting mom out occasionally. I absolutely love fly fishing so if anyone is interested for a fish trip hit me up!!!
20200505_075614.jpg

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Good afternoon!! Been lurking around OB for a couple years now and decided to start showing up. Aaron, from out here in Grant Nebraska just south of Ogallala. I've been in the "overlanding" world when it was called "jeepin" :sunglasses:. Originally from Evergreen, Co. and spent most of my youth-college years either Jeepin or backpacking. Took my turn in the Army and now I'm settled down out here. Blessed father of 3 kiddos (6, 9, and 13) and God blessed me with an amazing wife. I make ends meet working at the ethanol plant in Madrid as a Lab Tech which affords me plenty of off time to play and farm. This year we are looking forward to many trips and getting mom out occasionally. I absolutely love fly fishing so if anyone is interested for a fish trip hit me up!!!
View attachment 219428
Thanks for the offer! Would you have any interest in putting some sort of a meet up or camp out together?

sinon_box

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Jaime
Last Name
Spedden
Member #

Welcome! Always nice to have more Nebraska people.
Do you happen to be on Facebook? A lot of us are over there as Nebraska Overland. I know some meets and events get planned over there. Hopefully we can remember to post here and there.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
Thanks for the offer! Would you have any interest in putting some sort of a meet up or camp out together?
Oh absolutley!!! I've got a couple trips already planned for me, the kiddos, and father in-law (unfortunately I got him fully addicted to the overlanding scene :tearsofjoy:) he is also planning a couple outdoor trips with his ministry as well. At this point I'm in limbo while building my new trailer, but should be up and running by the end of April.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

View attachment 219428
Hey Aaron welcome to OB glad to have you! We should definitely get a meetup going here soon. Ive got a few interested on the eastern shores out this way and a few others out there that have shown interest.

Enthusiast III

Nebraska
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
LaGrange
Service Branch
Go Army! Beat Navy!
View attachment 219428
Hey Aaron welcome to OB glad to have you! We should definitely get a meetup going here soon. Ive got a few interested on the eastern shores out this way and a few others out there that have shown interest.
I'm totally in! My father in-law and I have a little day trip planned at the end of this month. Then nothing really until May.

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hey everyone,

Figured I'd throw an updated post up here to let everyone know that I am still a member and I am going to make a concerted effort to be more involved. There have been a few changes to my stable and I am now sporting a 2022 4Runner SR5. Traded my jeep straight across for a teardrop trailer about a year ago and just traded my pickup in on the 4runner last week. I actually bought it from Ken Garff Toyota in Cheyenne. So let's definitely try to get some kind of meetup scheduled even if it is just a gathering at a pizza joint or a microbrewery....:grinning:

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Hey everyone,

Figured I'd throw an updated post up here to let everyone know that I am still a member and I am going to make a concerted effort to be more involved. There have been a few changes to my stable and I am now sporting a 2022 4Runner SR5. Traded my jeep straight across for a teardrop trailer about a year ago and just traded my pickup in on the 4runner last week. I actually bought it from Ken Garff Toyota in Cheyenne. So let's definitely try to get some kind of meetup scheduled even if it is just a gathering at a pizza joint or a microbrewery....:grinning:
We need to do a meet up for sure. I've been thinking about Losses Hills at some point. Until then a meet and greet would be awesome.

Reactions: ForceXXI

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

View attachment 219428
Welcome to the group.

Reactions: Flyfishin.aa.ron

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
There are several different campgrounds within Halsey. Dispersed camping is free but have to be within 300 ft of a road. The Bessey Recreation Complex consists of 3 camping loops (Hardwood, Cedar, and River) and a group campground. Natick Campground has no electric hookups, 20 horse corrals, and potable water.

Whitetail campground is located in the southeastern corner of the Bessey Ranger District on the Dismal River, this 10-site campground has potable water, nine horse corrals, picnic tables, fire rings, and modern vault toilets. It is situated on the OHV trail system. No electricity is available. It is also first come first serve and is $15.00/night.

Here is the website from the National Forest Service for Halsey(Bessey Ranger District) Forest Service, Halsey Camping

Here is a MVUM for Bessy Ranger District which includes Halsey, Bessey Ranger District

We have been there a couple of times. There are some trails to ride, nothing to wild but you might get some new pinstriping on some of the trails.

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

My buddy should have his new JL by then, not sure he is ready to pinstripe it yet. Kinda thinking Losses Hills. I've been hearing a lot of people talk about it on FB...

ForceXXI

Rank VI
Launch Member
Investor

Explorer I

Grand Island, Ne
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Haar
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
Never been there so that is an option as well. The new 4runner still has stock tires so I hope they are up to the task... Lol