NW Overland Rally 2017

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Our early-bird registration has been completed and we are stoked. This will be our first trip to the NW Overland Rally . Any time spent with like minded individuals is always good with me I figure. It's also cool to have an event such as this pretty much in our backyard (give or take a couple hundred miles).
Between this and the OB WABDR weekend in August, our summer of 2017 is shaping up pretty well. Throw a 2 week Oregon Coast camping trip in to the mix and I can say we are truly blessed to be able to look forward to the adventures awaiting us this year.

daPitbull

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Oakland, CA
Member #

We won't be attending the NW Overland rally this year but we did last year. I highly recommend for anyone considering. Have fun!

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

Last year was our first time attending. Had a great time. Just a good vibe there. Great area to explore too. We took off after and headed to the Olympic peninsula to camp and then took the coast all the way back to Southern California. Would absolutely be going back this year but have a knee replacement pending and don't want to commit without knowing how that go's.

Ray Hyland

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

The BC Overland Rally will be held at the Mt Hemlock ski resort, June 22-25, which is the weekend after the NW Overland Rally.

It sounds like there will be a number of folks driving the WABDR from the NWOR up to the BCOR.

I don't have enough posts to insert links but a quick google search should find both sites.

Both rallies have a broad selection of classes, presentations, trail rides, etc. They cost $80 for the full weekend ($80 US for the NWOR and $80 CDN for the BCOR). We expect 1000 attendees at NWOR and about 400-500 at the BCOR.

Cheers

Ray

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
The BC Overland Rally will be held at the Mt Hemlock ski resort, June 22-25, which is the weekend after the NW Overland Rally.

It sounds like there will be a number of folks driving the WABDR from the NWOR up to the BCOR.

I don't have enough posts to insert links but a quick google search should find both sites.

Both rallies have a broad selection of classes, presentations, trail rides, etc. They cost $80 for the full weekend ($80 US for the NWOR and $80 CDN for the BCOR). We expect 1000 attendees at NWOR and about 400-500 at the BCOR.

Cheers

Ray
Hi Ray, are you one of the people planning to take the WABDR from Plain to the BC rally? I've never done that route and I'm wondering if a group of Hummers pulling trailers could make it that distance comfortably in a week or if we'd really be rushing it and would be better served by coming back and taking our time on it. I don't think we'd travel at anywhere near the pace of a group of trail bikes.

Ray Hyland

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I won't be on the WABDR trip, I need to rush back to get the BCOR organized, but from what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem for you. There are go-arounds for the really technical bits.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I won't be on the WABDR trip, I need to rush back to get the BCOR organized, but from what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem for you. There are go-arounds for the really technical bits.
That's just the thing. I want to do the really technical bits. So I think that this trail is worth a separate and more leisurely exploration than trying to make it a 5 day trek between the two overland rallies.

aaa247

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Long Beach, CA
Member #

Last year was our first time attending. Had a great time. Just a good vibe there. Great area to explore too. We took off after and headed to the Olympic peninsula to camp and then took the coast all the way back to Southern California. Would absolutely be going back this year but have a knee replacement pending and don't want to commit without knowing how that go's.
Hi Ed B, I'm leaving from Socal to the NMOR and I was curious what rout you took and if you had any recommendations for the drive up i.e. camp stops since I'm going solo, or things to see along the way.
Thank you and I hope your knee surgery goes well.

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

We took the 395 to the 31 to the 97. We hoteled it the first night in Reno, dispersed camped the second night in the National Forest on the 31 just outside of Lapine Oregon. Marked several areas on Google Earth for potential dispersed sites. Enjoyed the scenery but had no plans to explore until the trip back via the Olympic Peninsula, the 101 to the 1. I think I would've taken an extra day up and hit Crater Lake if I were to do it again. On a previous trip we drove through Sisters Oregon and plan on going back to that area to explore. Spent a lot of time on Google Earth.

aaa247

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Long Beach, CA
Member #

We took the 395 to the 31 to the 97. We hoteled it the first night in Reno, dispersed camped the second night in the National Forest on the 31 just outside of Lapine Oregon. Marked several areas on Google Earth for potential dispersed sites. Enjoyed the scenery but had no plans to explore until the trip back via the Olympic Peninsula, the 101 to the 1. I think I would've taken an extra day up and hit Crater Lake if I were to do it again. On a previous trip we drove through Sisters Oregon and plan on going back to that area to explore. Spent a lot of time on Google Earth.
Thanks Ed, I'm thinking of taking the 101 all the way to Olympic National Park then to the rally, and then drive to Montana and explore Yellowstone. That's the plan right now. I'm still deciding where to camp in Oregon. I'm for sure camping in the Redwoods of CA. and Olympic in WA.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I went last year. It was a lot of fun. I doubt I will be able to make it this year. It requires a big time commitment to come from AZ. 2 days up and back and that's without stopping..... If you have a trailer I recommend getting 2 camping spaces. They are very small. It is a great event and I bet it will get bigger each year.

Ed B

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Riverside, Ca. 92506
Member #

Thanks Ed, I'm thinking of taking the 101 all the way to Olympic National Park then to the rally, and then drive to Montana and explore Yellowstone. That's the plan right now. I'm still deciding where to camp in Oregon. I'm for sure camping in the Redwoods of CA. and Olympic in WA.
We spent a few days in the Hoh Rainforest campground in Olympic National Forest and really enjoyed it. There are dozens of other campgrounds and dispersed sites to choose from. Oregon is wide open as far as dispersed and regular campgrounds.