Ellsworth AFB, Meade County, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Will
Last Name
Patrick
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5MIL
Hello Rocky Mountain Region. I am currently living in the Minot, ND area and although I havn't got to do much overlanding we have managed to tske our camper to a few of the local state parks that i have tried to add to the map page. Does anyone know of any good overlanding or campsites to visit before it cools down for the winter or after it warms up in the spring? The following is just a pic for attention. Located at Mystical Horizons in the Turtle Mountains in North Dakota.

Attachments

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Was stationed up there 2008-2010; took my daughter camping at Theodore Roosevelt National Park, Medora. Spent a couple of beautiful nights there, had wild horses grazing behind our tent in the morning. On my bucket list to visit again.
100_3788.JPG100_3811.JPG

Last edited:

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hi North Dakota!

Thanks so much for checking in!

Overland Bound is in need of a few Member Representatives in the Dakotas. Pasted below is an overview of the role. If you think you might be interested, I would love to hear from you. Please send me a private message, if possible, or just reply to me here.

Thanks!

MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAM

MEMBER REPRESENTATIVE CRITERIA

Be an active community member in the organization such as attending meetups, runs, OLB forum, social media. Assist the Director at the local level.

Ability to participate in periodic conference calls with the Regional Director and other Regional Member Representatives.

Promote meet-ups within the local region and provide support for members who want to start a new meet-up.

Knowledge of the Overland Bound website and tools.

DUTIES

Member Representative work at the Director's discretion

Answer new forum regional member introductions, advise on local meet-ups along with other Member Representatives

Interact on the forum regional page

Interact with the Regional Director and other Regional Member Representatives when possible, keep the line of communications open for new ideas

Assist the Regional Director with setting up regional meet-ups to include a large geographical area of the region

Try to understand a member’s position on a subject and if it does not match the founding principles, advise the Regional Director of the situation.

Assist in responding to forum messages on the regional page in a timely manner

Protect the community from negativity and vitriol. (See community guidelines.)

Do not tolerate discrimination or hate speech (sex, race, religion, etc.)

Promote Overland Bound initiatives and be current with what is happening in the community

Promote new meet-ups.

Don't take yourself too seriously, be humble, help people learn and be willing to learn. The newcomer comes first.

OVERLAND BOUND TALKING POINTS
These are concepts that Directors and their Representatives should use to promote Overland Bound, OLB meetups, and good overlanding etiquette.

Adventure, exploration and conquering the unknown is the key to living, and not just being alive. It’s in our DNA. It’s who we are.

Promote the OLB mission of Outfit and Explore. Meet-ups and trail runs are a large component of this by giving members a way to do both. Encourage meetup organizers to consider this when organizing their gatherings.

Be prepared. Be safe. Be responsible.

Understand the overt and nuanced meaning of our Core Principles

Encourage meetup organizers to consider inclusion of a training/education component to some of their meetings. This is a great way for more experienced members to share what they know with members new to overlanding. Meet-up organizers can also invite guest speakers. Ambassadors/assistants can help identify regional training that might be needed or requested.

Encourage family participation in activities.

Promote the use of comms in this order:

Continental US

Ham 146.460 simplex

GMRS Channel 15 simplex

CB Channel 16

Australia and vicinity

UHF: Channel 21 - 476.9250

Canada

Currently working on channel allocation

UK

PMR radios and CB ch 11

Promote the use of Satellite Emergency Notification Devices such as Garmin inReach

Promote navigation training and practical use

Promote responsible trail use and guardianship including removing litter/debris and carrying liquid spill kits etc

Complete the “Tread Lightly” course and promote the free training for all of OLB members, Tread Lightly!®

Reactions: BlackBearWK

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

Flatland woodsman

Rank V

Explorer I

Alamo, ND, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Sutton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0QJX. WRK816 GMRS
I live in Williston, ND i run a little facebook group. We do some off the wall camping trips. MN,ND,SD,MT. Might find something that interests you. Link is on my profile page.

Reactions: Mtnmn99 and Kuzi