Rank II

Enthusiast II

Suisun City, CA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Riggs
Hey all,

Been a bit since I posted. I'm active duty and moved out here to the NorCal area about a year ago. Been out to Mendocino and Eldorado NF's so far. I'm looking for some suggestions on where I can go for some dispersed camping (possibly with fire preferred, but understand if not) that is say, within 4-6 hours drive from the Vacaville/Suisun/Fairfield area (1 hour west of Sacramento/1hr east of san fran.)

I drive a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and my Jeep is not really super outfitted as of yet, just tires/wheels and a small lift. It's a daily driver and only vehicle, so I'm not looking to bang her up for the next year or so. Hence why I do light forest roads and dispersed camp.

Anyways, I know most of the NF's are shut down because of all the fires, but does anyone know of any spots they know about that's different land or worth a trip? I mostly just want to get out, sit on some land and relax. Bonus points if it's a camp area that has service lol. I know what you're thinking and I would agree. No service is best, but sadly - I'm the only one in the office the next 6 weeks and I take call for remote work. So service is a must.

I feel like my only options are actual campgrounds at this point, but I'm hoping that's not the case!

Anyone have suggestions. Doesn't have to be kid friendly, it would just be myself and a mans best friend.

LONO100

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area CA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
PXXXXXXX
Good to see another Solano County guy on here! I was born in SF, but spent my teenage years growing up in Suisun. I used to work on the airbase unloading trucks when I got out of high school. Are you up for camping in the snow? How experienced of a driver are you off road? Do you have a buddy or a group of friends with their own vehicles that you can team up with? Let me know and I can point you in a few directions possibly. Finding some trails you can camp out on that still have a cellular signal is a little tough but not impossible. Your options will open up once the spring comes around and some of the roads open back up and/or become easier to navigate once the snow melts.