Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kamuela, Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

Took the tent off-road this weekend... the mounting solution I did on the Scout trailer worked perfect. We were up in Thomas Mtn near Idyllwild, Ca at 6800’.... winds were gusting to 50mph at night and I had one 3 guylines out. It never moved!! Superior construction!! 59E01F52-17C6-477D-880C-83F0BB3707D2.jpeg33333A96-9E23-4696-B2AC-3F04D0ED59B8.jpeg5B1E120F-88F6-4B42-86CE-23989DB2483B.jpegF939D47C-9867-48EA-BA3F-563E8D9F30A7.jpeg18D8766E-4F9A-4DE8-B897-F5950544156B.jpegA9FD4913-B59E-48AD-8FC1-75BD99DF09AB.jpeg

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Anyone have a problem with the zippers on the side walls getting crushed together?
20200525_082016.jpg

This ended up breaking so I had to improvise today and mounted it upside down using the stakeout points attached to the loops on top.

20200525_085131.jpg

20200525_085122.jpg

Reactions: DBG

Talgayeeta

Rank 0

Contributor I

East Liverpool, OH, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Blanchard
I am so down to get this awning and wall kit. Would anyone know if OVS is still honoring the discount to OB members? I currently have a CVT fox wing with walls on my new to me built M416 with RTT. I got it off a buddy who said it was a 270, it really isn't so I want to get this awning in drivers side config to close closer to the rack and make gutters around the RTT. Thanks in advance.

DBG

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kamuela, Hawaii County, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ackerman
Member #

I am so down to get this awning and wall kit. Would anyone know if OVS is still honoring the discount to OB members? I currently have a CVT fox wing with walls on my new to me built M416 with RTT. I got it off a buddy who said it was a 270, it really isn't so I want to get this awning in drivers side config to close closer to the rack and make gutters around the RTT. Thanks in advance.
just Call Sean. He’s so accommodating!! Can’t hurt to ask.

cheekieduckie

Rank III

Member III

wv
First Name
Ken
Last Name
N
Member #

Hello, I'm new to the forum but wanted to thank everyone for the useful information I found on this thread (why I joined the forum!) Well, the Youtube videos are wonderful too! Anyway, based on the good advice here I purchased the OVS Nomad 270 awning and installed it on my 99E350 Quigley ex-ambo van long project thing. So far so good. The awning is stout but I did deploy all the poles during a thunderstorm. There were some damages out-of-the-box and I reached out to Campsaver who said they'll try to reach the mfg....so fingers crossede350 awning NP.jpge350 awning Jim.jpeg

Last edited:

itsjay

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bay area
First Name
Jay
Last Name
L
Just stepped foot into the outdoor world and just recently picked up the Gobi stealth rack... I was wondering if the stock bracket that comes with the OVS going to fit on the Gobi !? To be honest I don't want to wait another 12-16weeks just for the brackets. I know I'm bring up a older thread but will the discount still apply !?
Thanks !

lugee3

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Just stepped foot into the outdoor world and just recently picked up the Gobi stealth rack... I was wondering if the stock bracket that comes with the OVS going to fit on the Gobi !? To be honest I don't want to wait another 12-16weeks just for the brackets. I know I'm bring up a older thread but will the discount still apply !?
Thanks !
Which vehicle do you have, and does the mesh on the roof rack stretch across the whole roof of the car? If so, you can use the u-bolts that come with the stock bracket and bolt it up that way.

RubiBluCru

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Carolina
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Wellman
I’m sure you can use the stock brackets that come with the awning. i have the ranger rack, so instead of purchasing another crossbar so I can use all 3 OVS brackets, I purchased the set of three foxwing/batwing brackets from Gobi. They fit the OVS perfectly. yes the wait sucks, but to me well worth the wait.

RubiBluCru

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

South Carolina
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Wellman
Thanks !
I’m sure you can use the stock brackets that come with the awning. i have the ranger rack, so instead of purchasing another crossbar so I can use all 3 OVS brackets, I purchased the set of three foxwing/batwing brackets from Gobi. They fit the OVS perfectly. yes the wait sucks, but to me well worth the wait.

cheekieduckie

Rank III

Member III

wv
First Name
Ken
Last Name
N
Member #

Hello, I'm new to the forum but wanted to thank everyone for the useful information I found on this thread (why I joined the forum!) Well, the Youtube videos are wonderful too! Anyway, based on the good advice here I purchased the OVS Nomad 270 awning and installed it on my 99E350 Quigley ex-ambo van long project thing. So far so good. The awning is stout but I did deploy all the poles during a thunderstorm. There were some damages out-of-the-box and I reached out to Campsaver who said they'll try to reach the mfg....so fingers crossedView attachment 167831View attachment 167832
Just a quick update, OVS has reached-out and will be replacing the bag when they get back in-stock. Also offered a nice discount on the shower as consideration for the bumps/bruises on the awning. Stuff from China is delayed (like end of Sept) but such is life these days.
Ken

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I have one most cases I use it on beach even about 10-15 mph . Only I wished the bag would be a little bigger so it would require less packing time. It takes some diligence to pack this . Not so bad but about same as soft RTT , I mean same idea . I have iKamper now and it's this amazing for the packing time .

Attachments

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
Hello, I'm new to the forum but wanted to thank everyone for the useful information I found on this thread (why I joined the forum!) Well, the Youtube videos are wonderful too! Anyway, based on the good advice here I purchased the OVS Nomad 270 awning and installed it on my 99E350 Quigley ex-ambo van long project thing. So far so good. The awning is stout but I did deploy all the poles during a thunderstorm. There were some damages out-of-the-box and I reached out to Campsaver who said they'll try to reach the mfg....so fingers crossedView attachment 167831View attachment 167832

How did you manage to purchase? It says on the site "Expected release date is Sep 28th 2020"

I am interested in a 270 Nomadic passenger side. Is there a discount for forum members?

Or better yet, is there a good discount if we can get a few buyers to commit? I recall seeing the owner post that if we can get a few committed buyers to bulk buy, he'll offer a solid discount.

Also, if we pay cash can we avoid taxes? Anyone know? If picked up in person and pay cash can we do away with CA sales tax.

Thanks

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
The site now got pushed back to Oct 26, 2020. I realized these are from China, they're probably having a hard time importing them hence the delays

cheekieduckie

Rank III

Member III

wv
First Name
Ken
Last Name
N
Member #

How did you manage to purchase? It says on the site "Expected release date is Sep 28th 2020"

I am interested in a 270 Nomadic passenger side. Is there a discount for forum members?

Or better yet, is there a good discount if we can get a few buyers to commit? I recall seeing the owner post that if we can get a few committed buyers to bulk buy, he'll offer a solid discount.

Also, if we pay cash can we avoid taxes? Anyone know? If picked up in person and pay cash can we do away with CA sales tax.

Thanks
Hello
I bought mine through Campsaver. Ordered 6/28/20, email 'shipping soon' on 7/11/20, shipped 7/28/20, received 8/5/20. There was a rip in the bag that appeared to be from the factory (box showed no signs of distress at that location). Still waiting on a replacement bag (orig due in late Sept) but OVS said they received no bags in the recent container. Customer service was courteous and polite but net affect seems to be a lot of waiting both pre and post sales. Probably a sign that demand is high high high. There was a coupon at the time I bought it from Campsaver that saved 20% if I recall correctly. It's a nicely made unit, just hope yours shows up without blems!
Ken