• HTML tutorial

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Hello,
I have a stock 07 Pathfinder. Looking to explore Death Valley and Alabama Hills in April with my wife and 2 boys. Any tips for this trip would be great. ( looking for intermediate trails ) Also I am wanting to add more to my stock rig. But not sure were to start or if the Pathfinder would be a good rig.

John

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

welcome, there are several groups going around those areas in march and im sure going to some runs in april - Rancho has a kit for your truck - I so does Calmini and fabtech-

Reactions: john casson

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Check out Nisstech- they've got lots of stuff for a variety of Nissans, including the Pathfinder. Is yours 4WD?

Lots of debates about the first mod to do, but I think most people agree a good set of tires is your best "first" investment. As for which tire, well, opinions vary; search the forum for existing threads on the subject.

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

Any vehicle that runs and is reliable is a good overlanding rig, cool looks won't make the wheels turn. If you intend to get into the dirt, sand and mud, a good set of tires will do you well, like @BillyBadly said. If you intend to run some trails that require clearance greater than what you currently have, larger tires will help with that but a lift would probably be needed.

In short, the list of things you could do can go on forever. I would say your Pathfinder, stock, is a fine rig to do some overlanding in. Make sure you build it to YOUR needs if you do decide to modify. If you have questions about what the community might suggest for your needs, we can certainly help you out :).

john casson

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Danville CA
Member #

Check out Nisstech- they've got lots of stuff for a variety of Nissans, including the Pathfinder. Is yours 4WD?

Lots of debates about the first mod to do, but I think most people agree a good set of tires is your best "first" investment. As for which tire, well, opinions vary; search the forum for existing threads on the subject.
Thanks, tires I got. 275 big 0
all terrain. ( liked bf good all terrain a little more )

Last edited: