California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Hello OB!

I recently picked up a '94 Ford Explorer Sport (4L V6 5sp 4x4 h/l) on a bit of a whim with the intent of competing in the 2018 Gambler500 (to be held in Oregon in July)

I've always been a fan of Overlanding rigs but lived in a different car scene until now. I plan to run the race but also in turn build this Explorer as an Overlander / Pre-Runner of sorts, trying to take the best of both if I can.

Looking forward to learning more from all the amazing knowledge I've already seen lurking here!

Reactions: Ncat and AT71

AT71

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
FOOBICON
Hello OB!

I recently picked up a '94 Ford Explorer Sport (4L V6 5sp 4x4 h/l) on a bit of a whim with the intent of competing in the 2018 Gambler500 (to be held in Oregon in July)

I've always been a fan of Overlanding rigs but lived in a different car scene until now. I plan to run the race but also in turn build this Explorer as an Overlander / Pre-Runner of sorts, trying to take the best of both if I can.

Looking forward to learning more from all the amazing knowledge I've already seen lurking here!

always like that body style..welcome aboard

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Welcome! You're right- there's an absolute plethora of information in this group, and they all seem to be a bunch of solid folks. Will love watching as you build your Explorer, and more so to see you post up on the Gambler 500! That was a race my best friend and I talked about doing before he passed away. It's been in my mind to do it in his honor. Cheers!

TheRebelTesh

Rank IV

Advocate III

California
First Name
Tesh
Last Name
Overland
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE6CKN
Thanks @KÜHN - I'm hoping to get started wrenching soon... seems like every eve and weekend has been booked since the day I picked the Expo up, it's been sitting with a dead battery for a week now (and a fresh battery riding around in my car this whole time)...

There's a Detroit Gambler500 this year!, heck that's closer than Sac > Portland for me - It's certainly expanding, and other than the time to invest in getting to the trailhead, it'll be fun to do it. Hope to share as much as I can!

Reactions: Smokey_Bear_JLUR