Launch Member

Advocate III

Northeast Arkansas
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

The Southeast region is currently very large. We have a huge presence of overlanders in Arkansas, Texas, Missouri, and Oklahoma that could be a new region all on its own. People from these 4 states frequent the Ozark and Ouachita National Forests along with some smaller ones like the Mark Twain National Forest. This could be called the MidSouth region or simply the Ozark region in reference to the Ozark Plateau which encompasses much of southern MO and northern AR.

With many people looking to leave social media platforms for more overland specific platforms I think this would be a great idea. I’d be happy to help get this organize and moderated.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Not a bad idea. I'm from the Northeast and I have the same concerns but for New England. I didnt get much traction on my request. A few people chimed in saying it was a good idea, but got nowhere. I wish you good luck

Reactions: NathanPAnderson

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

If you really want to get something going around this topic, I suggest you are talking to the effected member reps and Directors.
It's really a question of member density and activity but in the end not a democratic decision process.
Ask your directors and member reps if the support your idea first.

NathanPAnderson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Northeast Arkansas
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

If you really want to get something going around this topic, I suggest you are talking to the effected member reps and Directors.
It's really a question of member density and activity but in the end not a democratic decision process.
Thanks for the advice. Will do.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Regions are not set by population density or activity.... they are set by the 5 Major US geographical Regions and the 3 Minor Regions as defined by the US Forest Service.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Regions are not set by population density or activity.... they are set by the 5 Major US geographical Regions and the 3 Minor Regions as defined by the US Forest Service.
Thanks for the information.
I was just trying to point out that he should talk to directors and representatives first about the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: M Rose

Dave Lay

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Russellville, Arkansas 72802, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lay
Member #

I think that’s a good idea, one of the reasons I joined OB was for regional information . I dont do social media so this is my online source of info and meeting like minded locals in the area . We are a long way from Florida

Dave Lay

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Russellville, Arkansas 72802, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Lay
Member #

Nathan I was out exploring today and thinking on this, like I told you in a PM, I joined here to try to find like minded folks outside of my normal running buddies , who i can’t get to do anything any more Other than go camp in easily accessible camps. That’s just not my thing And particularly since we are getting so crowded here.
ill start a thread similiar to this but it’s tough to get anything going when we are included in such a huge area
I think you have a great idea, I assume you talked to the guys that are over this region ? I dont do social media and was hoping OB would have more regional activity than it does. I think you have a great idea and hope this can get some traction.