Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi All,

I hope I will see some of you on trail.
Welcome to Overland Bound and the US East Region! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message @Hank Outdoors

Also, the US East Region has a Member Representative in Virginia that you are likely to see on the trail before I get down there for a trip. You can message him @NovaBound for any local questions you may have.

Hank

Reactions: Hafaday

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

hi guys,

You might seen my thread in vehicle build. I got 2.5 inch lift, installed roof rack, getting RTT soon, all recovery equipment. I don't have winch but I have a friend with Ford Raptor, it's like to have a winch. :)
But anyway, now is looking good trail near by and one night camping, as I have only Sat to Sun, someone needs to work as well to pay for all these hobby.
I wanted to test car, but not to stuck. Just see what Jeep Grand Cherokee can, and learn some trials.
So planning leave around 1pm on some weekend so it should not be like 200 miles away. Something like 50-100 max. Good camping spot, get fire going and spend time with family members and friends.
I got subscription for GAIA GPS. So if someone can share a trail file for me I will really appreciated.
Btw I'm in Leesburg VA.

RamblingRanger

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Virginia
First Name
David
Last Name
T
Member #

hi guys,

You might seen my thread in vehicle build. I got 2.5 inch lift, installed roof rack, getting RTT soon, all recovery equipment. I don't have winch but I have a friend with Ford Raptor, it's like to have a winch. :)
But anyway, now is looking good trail near by and one night camping, as I have only Sat to Sun, someone needs to work as well to pay for all these hobby.
I wanted to test car, but not to stuck. Just see what Jeep Grand Cherokee can, and learn some trials.
So planning leave around 1pm on some weekend so it should not be like 200 miles away. Something like 50-100 max. Good camping spot, get fire going and spend time with family members and friends.
I got subscription for GAIA GPS. So if someone can share a trail file for me I will really appreciated.
Btw I'm in Leesburg VA.
I’m new to the Overlanding but not camping and such. Get the AllTrails app. It’s awesome. I’m planning on doing the Big Levels to the Blue Ridge trail in April. I’m in Stafford Va so we are about the same distance from the run. It can be done in a long day or overnight we will be doing overnight. I’ll post our date on site when we have nailed the date

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

hi guys,

Btw I'm in Leesburg VA.
Welcome phlfly, from NOVA (Arlington, VA)!

Be sure to check out the Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

@NovaBound any trails/camp spots you know of that fit @phlfly needs?
Depending on what level/difficulty @phlfly is looking for.... there are a few options. They do typically close for the winter, so I'm not sure if they are open yet this year.

Peter's Mill Run: Peter's Mill Run

Big Levels: Big Levels to the Blue Ridge

Off Road Trails in Virginia: Best Off Road Driving Trails in Virginia

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

i will be interested to join you.

I’m new to the Overlanding but not camping and such. Get the AllTrails app. It’s awesome. I’m planning on doing the Big Levels to the Blue Ridge trail in April. I’m in Stafford Va so we are about the same distance from the run. It can be done in a long day or overnight we will be doing overnight. I’ll post our date on site when we have nailed the date

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

My tent is coming on Wed. So I should be finally take off for riding and enjoy nature.

Depending on what level/difficulty @phlfly is looking for.... there are a few options. They do typically close for the winter, so I'm not sure if they are open yet this year.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

@NovaBound when do these trails normally open for the season? Could you assist in the setup of a trail day meetup with a cleanup maybe?

Schake

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ellicott City, MD, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Schaffer
Member #

Hi All -
Planning to do a 3-5 day overlanding trip from MD south in mid April. Welcome any suggestions from anyone familiar with the area. Saw the planned Shenandoah Allegheny Loop ride in Aug, and that sounds interesting. Just did Cannan Loop near Davis WV 3 weeks ago... 1/2 inch thick ice on water crossings... camping in mid teens....BRRR!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

@NovaBound when do these trails normally open for the season? Could you assist in the setup of a trail day meetup with a cleanup maybe?
USDA Forest Service website says Peter's Mill Run opens mid-March, but doesn't give a date. I assume it depends on the weather.

Big Levels is also in the GWNF, so I would assume open dates are roughly the same.

Reactions: Schake

phlfly

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Vadim
Last Name
Zubkov
Member #

I think at beginning to mid April we should get together on some of your (@NovaBound) choice route. Also I was looking places to camp where is no light, I mean no back light for space/stars observation. So something really remote.