Enthusiast I

Germantown, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hey everyone,

My wife and I are excited to be here! Joining Overland Bound is our first step in our journey to enjoy the outdoors using our vehicle. We have absolutely zero experience so we are open to any and all advice as we learn the ropes and prepare to make some of our first short trips later this year.

Here is a little background on us:

We have been married for almost a year now, but have been together since high school. My wife has always had a love for travel and the outdoors. I have a love for my Tacoma (lol) and the outdoors. We were probably destined to fall into the standard work/travel lifestyle of going to the beach once or twice a year and then talking about more adventurous trips but never acting on it. That all changed when we arrived in Alaska for our honeymoon. We spent 7 nights on a cruise visiting several towns in Alaska and one in Canada. We got to experience the outdoors to an extent that we had never even imagined. Pictures truly don't do justice to all that is out there. Ever since we got back we have had the bug to go out and explore.

We planned a Spring trip to New Hampshire back in September that unfortunately had to be canceled due to COVID-19. We are planning to visit Arkansas in May to do some light hiking and driving. Long term, we are examining our options for visiting New Hampshire later this year. We are also looking into attending Overland Expo east to learn everything that we possibly can. We are also returning to Alaska in July of 2021. These next few months will hopefully be filled with a good balance of picking up the necessary gear and knowledge to make our first trip in the Fall.

Vehicle:

2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Current Upgrades​
  • Diamondback SE Cover
  • Bilstein 5100 front suspension
  • Icon rear leafs and Icon 2.0 RR shocks
  • Baja Designs Squadron Sport fog lights (amber)
  • BFG KO2s 265-75-16

Planned upgrades​
  • Regear to 5.29s, front and rear air lockers, air compressor (summer 2020)
  • rack for roof top tent (late summer or early fall 2020)
  • roof top tent (early fall 2020)
  • Sliders/upgraded skid plates (early 2021)
  • bumpers and winch (mid 2021)
We went ahead and created an instagram to document our future adventures. Give us a follow @wanderloshadventures if you want to keep up with our progress as we learn and explore. We are so excited for the future.

Red_D

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hernando, MS, USA
First Name
Red
Last Name
Delarosa
Member #

Greetings from the far off distant land of Hernando! lol. I’m very new to this as well. If you find some good locations to camp/visit in our region, I’d be happy to hear about them! I was in Memphis for a year and now in Hernando for 6 months... the region is growing on me well. Now that I have some better wheels for adventuring, I’m anxious to get out and explore!

wanderlosh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Germantown, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hey! We will definitely let you know what we find. What are you driving? I am in the process of finding a shop I can trust to regear my tacoma. Some guys on tacomaworld recommended a shop in St Louis but I am trying to find something closer.

Lee Mims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tennessee
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Mims
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5STC
Hey Josh, also from Memphis. There are a few fun roads around Holly Springs, and as far as camping near there, Wall-Doxie, Sardis Lake are two good ones. Then to the east is Tishimingo, good hiking and scenery. Up north we've got to ReelFoot Lake, pretty nice swampy type area. And then to the west there's Arkansas, one of our favorite places. Mt. Nebo, Magazine, Petit Jean, Hot Springs, loads more.

I drive a 4Runner, pull a teardrop. Let me know if either you or Red from Henando are interested in meeting up.

Red_D

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hernando, MS, USA
First Name
Red
Last Name
Delarosa
Member #

Hey! We will definitely let you know what we find. What are you driving? I am in the process of finding a shop I can trust to regear my tacoma. Some guys on tacomaworld recommended a shop in St Louis but I am trying to find something closer.
Josh, my apologies, I didn’t realize you’d replied. I’ve got a 2020 TRD ORP. Besides lighting upgrades, it’s still pretty stock and is still wearing street shoes. I’m saving up for and researching lift kits and A/T tires. Hope to upgrade soon.
I have been looking for a designated Toyota shop around Memphis too. No luck. I use Memphis Motorwerks in Cordova for my ‘06 Jetta TDI. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Anyway, I’m going to ask them for suggestions. I drive up to STL periodically but it’s not convenient, as you know.
Again, apologies for my late reply! I look forward to some ‘Yotadventuring!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are excited to be here! Joining Overland Bound is our first step in our journey to enjoy the outdoors using our vehicle. We have absolutely zero experience so we are open to any and all advice as we learn the ropes and prepare to make some of our first short trips later this year.

We have been married for almost a year now, but have been together since high school. My wife has always had a love for travel and the outdoors. I have a love for my Tacoma (lol) and the outdoors. We were probably destined to fall into the standard work/travel lifestyle of going to the beach once or twice a year and then talking about more adventurous trips but never acting on it. That all changed when we arrived in Alaska for our honeymoon. We spent 7 nights on a cruise visiting several towns in Alaska and one in Canada. We got to experience the outdoors to an extent that we had never even imagined. Pictures truly don't do justice to all that is out there. Ever since we got back we have had the bug to go out and explore.

We planned a Spring trip to New Hampshire back in September that unfortunately had to be canceled due to COVID-19. We are planning to visit Arkansas in May to do some light hiking and driving. Long term, we are examining our options for visiting New Hampshire later this year. We are also looking into attending Overland Expo east to learn everything that we possibly can. We are also returning to Alaska in July of 2021. These next few months will hopefully be filled with a good balance of picking up the necessary gear and knowledge to make our first trip in the Fall.

Vehicle:

2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Current Upgrades​
  • Diamondback SE Cover
  • BFG KO2s 265-75-16

Planned upgrades​
We went ahead and created an instagram to document our future adventures. Give us a follow @wanderloshadventures if you want to keep up with our progress as we learn and explore. We are so excited for the future.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you in for local information is @Hank Outdoors
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey everyone,

Vehicle:

2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Current Upgrades​
  • Diamondback SE Cover
  • BFG KO2s 265-75-16

Planned upgrades​
Welcome from Kingston Springs, TN! Holler if you need anything!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone,

Vehicle:

2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Current Upgrades​
  • Diamondback SE Cover
  • BFG KO2s 265-75-16

Planned upgrades​
Hello Josh, welcome to the OB community.

Rav4Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Bucklin
Member #

Hey, I'd love to get the name of the shop in St. Louis if you still have it?

wanderlosh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Germantown, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Hey, I'd love to get the name of the shop in St. Louis if you still have it?
They recommended Axelboy Offroad. I don't know that much about them but they seem to have good reviews. I included the link to the tacomaworld thread below.

I wound up using Asheville Vehicle Outfitters in North Carolina. It was a good way for my wife and I to take a trip to Asheville and get the work done.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Hey everyone,

Vehicle:

2019 Toyota Tacoma SR5
Current Upgrades​
  • Diamondback SE Cover
  • BFG KO2s 265-75-16

Planned upgrades​
Welcome from Charlotte!

Rav4Rider

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Bucklin
Member #

They recommended Axelboy Offroad. I don't know that much about them but they seem to have good reviews. I included the link to the tacomaworld thread below.

I wound up using Asheville Vehicle Outfitters in North Carolina. It was a good way for my wife and I to take a trip to Asheville and get the work done.
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'm going to look them up.