MoDaJaGa

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Copperopolis, CA, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Gause
Hi everyone! Super new to this site and definitely overwhelmed.
Just wanted to get in a group like this to learn or get some wisdom on dos and donts.
I just recently EASd out of the USMC And wanted to take some time to travel. I’ve always been an outdoor guy but I would say novice in most of it and especially in the overlanding world. Had some questions and worries I wanted some help with! Thank you!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everyone! Super new to this site and definitely overwhelmed.
Just wanted to get in a group like this to learn or get some wisdom on dos and donts.
I just recently EASd out of the USMC And wanted to take some time to travel. I’ve always been an outdoor guy but I would say novice in most of it and especially in the overlanding world. Had some questions and worries I wanted some help with! Thank you!
Welcome to OB. Thank you for your service.
We can’t read your mind. What are your questions and worries?

MoDaJaGa

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Copperopolis, CA, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
Gause
Welcome to OB. Thank you for your service.
We can’t read your mind. What are your questions and worries?
Just worried about crappy MPG and how to deal with that. I want more add ons but stressing about that.
things I need. And how to find the badass beautiful locations to camp and explore!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
First off, I get 6 mpg and have a 33gal tank. If I can do it you can to… you just need to plan fuel stops accordingly and carry extra fuel.

Gear… don’t over stress it. A stock rig will go a lot of places… the only upgrades I have done to my wife’s car was bumpers… and they were more for looks than performance. My bronco is mostly stock as well.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Morgan, Welcome to Overland Bound, and Thank You for your service!

ddowney

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Barbara, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Downey
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SDH
Hi all! New Member here. Novice to overlanding, but looking to learn more as I make some initial mods to my Tacoma.

I also have a brand new never been used Overland Vehicles Nomadic 4 RoofTop tent that's just a bit too big for my needs.

Looking to sell and get something smaller for me and the wife. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Attachments