New Member OB#4956

• HTML tutorial

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

Hello everyone. Just got my # and trying to figure out all these cool pages. Getting the hang of it I think. We enjoy Camping and exploring. Spend most of our time in the desert but as the kids have grown we are slowly getting out and exploring different areas. We have a 98 GMC Z71 with a camper shell and rack. Dual sport bikes, little boat and paddle boards so we stay active all year long.
. Here a photo of our truck camp.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Welcome to the forums and the OB community. I recently visited Yuma for the first time in early February. It is absolutely gorgeous down there and we had so much fun geocaching/overlanding on the Barry M. Goldwater Bombing Range. Sadly, my trip was cut short but I am already making plans to return there at the same time next year. It is a beautiful part of the world!

Reactions: Yumafolks

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

We have houndreds of miles to show everyone down here. Anywhere from day trips to nice three day desert trips. The BMG range has some history for sure. The four legged wildlife is a little north of Yuma about 50 miles in the Kofa refuge. There is a great 150 mile dirt loop we take with two cabins to camp at. Round trip you are looking at about 225miles fuel range. By all means send me a email or call

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
We have houndreds of miles to show everyone down here. Anywhere from day trips to nice three day desert trips. The BMG range has some history for sure. The four legged wildlife is a little north of Yuma about 50 miles in the Kofa refuge. There is a great 150 mile dirt loop we take with two cabins to camp at. Round trip you are looking at about 225miles fuel range. By all means send me a email or call
Very cool! Thanks very much for the kind offer. I really loved my brief time down there and enjoyed the very kind nature of everyone that we met. The pace of life is so laid back and ideal for overlanding as amazing terrain is right there on your doorstep. The next time, I will reserve my BMG access permit with plenty of time. It only just arrived a day before I was due to leave the Bay Area. The detail of the range map is amazing and makes an excellent souvenir. I guess that they do not want people entering the wrong part of the range during a live fire exercise!:tonguewink:

Reactions: Yumafolks

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

Very cool! Thanks very much for the kind offer. I really loved my brief time down there and enjoyed the very kind nature of everyone that we met. The pace of life is so laid back and ideal for overlanding as amazing terrain is right there on your doorstep. The next time, I will reserve my BMG access permit with plenty of time. It only just arrived a day before I was due to leave the Bay Area. The detail of the range map is amazing and makes an excellent souvenir. I guess that they do not want people entering the wrong part of the range during a live fire exercise!:tonguewink:
Nope they sure don't. I can send you the new access paper work to mail in. It needs renewed ever July. I work on MCAS Yuma and part of my job deals with the range. Plus the BMG is almost 1/3 of Yuma County so we have had a lot of mine rescues and searches on the range.

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

Thanks Everyone. Such a warm welcome. I had about 15 minutes this evening between my wife getting home from work and me running out the door for work. We opened up the OB Welcome package we received in the mail today. I got to say it was a very heart felt gesture; the amount of pride and caring that went into the membership package.

Reactions: justin marsh