RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hello to all. Just a little background. I think we have been overlanding for a while without knowing it. We have always camped (boy scouts, girl scouts) out of our vehicles.

We quit camping as the kids got older school, jobs and family took over. A couple years ago seeing how my son was bored with school i planned a trip for the boys to take and see our country. First trip La to Hoover Dam. 12 days of just father and son.

Reece cups for breakfast, showers ehhhh when needed brushing teeth with a soft drink in a pinch. So i sold my truck purchased my Jeep packed up the 2 man tent and hit the road.

We now try to average 2 long trips a year and anything when the kids are off. We have been solo for awhile and are looking for new friends and new adventures.

We long range plan about 3 years out but tend to pack up on a moments notice and head out without a destination in sight.

So fell free to contact us if your in our area. Rubicajon@gmail.com or if your interested in meeting up.

Our next trip were trying to get together is Padre Island National Seashore in Tx. Miles upon miles of beach to drive an camp on.

Good luck on all you adventures.

Jason & Will

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello to all. Just a little background. I think we have been overlanding for a while without knowing it. We have always camped (boy scouts, girl scouts) out of our vehicles.

We quit camping as the kids got older school, jobs and family took over. A couple years ago seeing how my son was bored with school i planned a trip for the boys to take and see our country. First trip La to Hoover Dam. 12 days of just father and son.

Reece cups for breakfast, showers ehhhh when needed brushing teeth with a soft drink in a pinch. So i sold my truck purchased my Jeep packed up the 2 man tent and hit the road.

We now try to average 2 long trips a year and anything when the kids are off. We have been solo for awhile and are looking for new friends and new adventures.

We long range plan about 3 years out but tend to pack up on a moments notice and head out without a destination in sight.

So fell free to contact us if your in our area. Rubicajon@gmail.com or if your interested in meeting up.

Our next trip were trying to get together is Padre Island National Seashore in Tx. Miles upon miles of beach to drive an camp on.

Jason & Will

Hello Jason and Will, welcome to the OB crew...

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Jason & Will

Hi Jason & Will and welcome to OB! Nice looking Jeep! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. Padre Island is still a bit of a mess, due to Harvey. Let me know when you are heading to TX. I'm always up for a Beach adventure.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Welcome from Austin, TX. Padre Island is still a bit of a mess, due to Harvey. Let me know when you are heading to TX. I'm always up for a Beach adventure.
Hey Jeff I checked on PINS today and was told they were able to get 15 camp sites back in service. They also said beach camping was still closed due to the winds from east were causing very high tides. Were thinking of a few days in November depending on weather.

Last edited:

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I looked on the map today an we have a few us. It looks like a good group within an hour drive.

What's your thoughts on a Nov 5th meet up in Laplace.

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Jason & Will

Welcome!

DanR

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Silverdale, WA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Reed
Member #

Hello, and welcome from Albuquerque! It's so awesome that you would make changes in your life to improve the mental health of your boy!