New Member here in Medellin Colombia.

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Medellín, Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
First Name
Alfred
Last Name
Jones
In the process of starting our build and the first trip is Panamerican highway to Ushuaia. Our base for our build is a 2017 Toyota J78 Troop Carrier. They call them Troopys in Australia and they call the Monjas here in Colombia. Monja means Nun I dont know if its because they are long and white like a nuns dress or if they used them to hall the nuns around to the pueblos but Monja is ok by me. Look forward to sharing the build and picking some brains.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
In the process of starting our build and the first trip is Panamerican highway to Ushuaia. Our base for our build is a 2017 Toyota J78 Troop Carrier. They call them Troopys in Australia and they call the Monjas here in Colombia. Monja means Nun I dont know if its because they are long and white like a nuns dress or if they used them to hall the nuns around to the pueblos but Monja is ok by me. Look forward to sharing the build and picking some brains.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Alfred, welcome to the OB family.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community Alfred. Glad to have you join us.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Alfred, welcome to Overland Bound.

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Welcome aboard!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Welcome to OB, Alfred! We're glad to have you here. Thanks for sharing the tidbit about the names and meanings, interesting! Enjoy!