Zco

Rank 0

Contributor I

AZ
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Zco
Hey all, just found the forum and am gearing up for a 3 generation adventure this summer. Nothing too crazy, just exploring the desert here in AZ with my dad and son. I recently got a 4Runner with some existing upgrades I am very happy with. On top is a Gobi stealth rack that I plan on outfitting with the following:

- Thule Tepui Ayer 2 (found a great rarely used deal, will be just my son and I as my dad will be in his Sequoia)
- ARB Tredpro recovery boards (mainly wondering if these will fit inside the trunk of the 4Runner)
- Hilift 48" jack with their 1" bar mount
- 4 gallon Rotopax for fuel with mount
- Body Armor Awning

Plan is RTT going over the driver's side with the hilift on that side rail. Awning on passengers side. Rotopax near the rear of the rack. Recovery boards hopefully inside?

Does all that sound like it will work? What else do I need? I plan on a fire extinguisher and heavy duty tire deflater/air gauge. Maybe a DC powered compressor? My rears do have airbags, so it would be nice to have a method to get that and tire tires up and down.

Thanks all.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all, just found the forum and am gearing up for a 3 generation adventure this summer. Nothing too crazy, just exploring the desert here in AZ with my dad and son. I recently got a 4Runner with some existing upgrades I am very happy with. On top is a Gobi stealth rack that I plan on outfitting with the following:

- Thule Tepui Ayer 2 (found a great rarely used deal, will be just my son and I as my dad will be in his Sequoia)
- ARB Tredpro recovery boards (mainly wondering if these will fit inside the trunk of the 4Runner)
- Body Armor Awning

Plan is RTT going over the driver's side with the hilift on that side rail. Awning on passengers side. Rotopax near the rear of the rack. Recovery boards hopefully inside?

Does all that sound like it will work? What else do I need? I plan on a fire extinguisher and heavy duty tire deflater/air gauge. Maybe a DC powered compressor? My rears do have airbags, so it would be nice to have a method to get that and tire tires up and down.

Thanks all.
Hello @Zco, welcome from Texas. Nice setup you have. AZ has some great places to explore.

I am one of the Southwest Region Member Reps. Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Zco

Rank 0

Contributor I

AZ
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Zco
Hello @Zco, welcome from Texas. Nice setup you have. AZ has some great places to explore.

I am one of the Southwest Region Member Reps. Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
I will check it out, thank you.

Reactions: roots66

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

- Body Armor Awning

Thanks all.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Sounds like an epic adventure, dig into the forums and get answers to your questions our community loves to help out.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

- Body Armor Awning

Thanks all.
Hello Jay
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound
Look up elementfire.com awesome product. Having some kind of on board air is important, remember to watch the weight on top of your runner if you are taking on technical trails. Rich