New member from Tennessee...

• HTML tutorial

Benjisaurus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairview, Tennessee
Member #

Hello friends. I've been meaning to join for over a year, but it's good to finally be here now. Looking forward to meeting OB'ers this year locally, as well as out in the Western US as my wife, myself, and our five kids take a month, and drive our 1996 LX450 (FZJ80 Landcruiser) and M101A2 adventure trailer *(still under construction) from Tennessee to Arizona, up through Utah and Idaho to Montana, and back down through Wyoming, Colorado, and back home. We would love to know some of your favorite RTT camping spots, and places that you suggest for us to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pleasant View, UT, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Wow! 7 people in an '80! Good on you!
Love Utah, anywhere from Monticello to Moab, canyonlands, needles, the maze district, any of the national parks, you could spent one night in any area and not experience it all in 2 weeks. Have fun with that.
Nice 80 btw.

Dan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Benjisaurus

Benjisaurus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairview, Tennessee
Member #

Wow! 7 people in an '80! Good on you!
Love Utah, anywhere from Monticello to Moab, canyonlands, needles, the maze district, any of the national parks, you could spent one night in any area and not experience it all in 2 weeks. Have fun with that.
Nice 80 btw.

Dan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using OB Talk mobile app
Five of us are between the ages of 5 and 13, so we don't fully resemble sardines packed into a tin can; some of our humans are still relatively small. Hahaha!

I do realize that's way too much ground to cover for one short trip, but I want to overload their little brains with possibilities, and give them a taste of as many desert landscapes mountains, and interesting people that I can during the time I have off of work during their Summer break.

Harkr6

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ivins
Member #

Love it here in Southern Utah it does get a little hot here in the summer and by far the western part is way better my favorite is the Grand Staircase less crowded...

Harkr6
1988 4Runner
1979 4wd truck trail-rig

Reactions: Benjisaurus

Benjisaurus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairview, Tennessee
Member #

Love it here in Southern Utah it does get a little hot here in the summer and by far the western part is way better my favorite is the Grand Staircase less crowded...

Harkr6
1988 4Runner
1979 4wd truck trail-rig
Right on... I was just looking at the Grand Staircase on Google Earth with the kids yesterday. Most of my time in Utah has been spent as a climber in the Wasatch and Uintas, so I'm looking forward to seeing the desert.

Benjisaurus

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairview, Tennessee
Member #

Hey, what headlights are those and do you like them? Are they bright enough without too many spots?

Sent from my SM-T350 using OB Talk mobile app
I don't even remember the brand. I bought them in a pinch after hitting a whitetail deer at 70mph, and destroying the stock housings. These are not very well made, and both low and high beam bulbs were H1's, so I modified them to fit some H3's that like much more. I just haven't set aside cash in the rig budget for stock housing replacementsyet...working on getting her regeared and locked first.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

TerraCrawler

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sweetwater, TN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Feeny
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK5NL
Looking forward to see how you pack that vehicle for two adults and 5 children!!