• HTML tutorial

victhewanderer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to have found overland bound. At this point in my life, I find myself in a situation where I kinda lost touch with my inner circle because of recent lifestyle changes that I have adopted. In a nutshell, I've quit my job and decided to travel by road. I recently finished a 50 day Baja road trip (from San Diego to Cabo) with my girlfriend and my 1998 Honda Accord as a "learning experience" of a longer trip we are planning for the near future - Road trip to South America.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
(I know this car is by far not an offroad vehicle, but it never broke down and got us home safe)

The Baja trip was a great experience that only strengthen my love of travel and adventure. We took this car over rocks, dirt and sand. Only got stuck once in the sand. Having a 4x4 lifted vehicle would have definitely been a different adventure. We learned a lot. First major learning was that we will not be taking my 98 accord on our S.A. trip. I'm currently looking for a 2005-2009 4runner that I plan to outfit for the trip. I decided on this vehicle due to cost, reliability and accessibility of parts/service throughout Central/South America. I am open to suggestions.

I have plenty of backpacking experience. I love the outdoors. What I lack and currently learning, is about 4x4s (never had one or even had an interest in - just never needed it in my past), Solar power, and driving through other countries.

I hope to connect with many of you to learn and also share my experiences. If there are any fellow OB members in San Diego, I'm open to meeting up.

Thanks,

Reactions: Albacore

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to have found overland bound. At this point in my life, I find myself in a situation where I kinda lost touch with my inner circle because of recent lifestyle changes that I have adopted. In a nutshell, I've quit my job and decided to travel by road. I recently finished a 50 day Baja road trip (from San Diego to Cabo) with my girlfriend and my 1998 Honda Accord as a "learning experience" of a longer trip we are planning for the near future - Road trip to South America.
View attachment 35053
(I know this car is by far not an offroad vehicle, but it never broke down and got us home safe)

The Baja trip was a great experience that only strengthen my love of travel and adventure. We took this car over rocks, dirt and sand. Only got stuck once in the sand. Having a 4x4 lifted vehicle would have definitely been a different adventure. We learned a lot. First major learning was that we will not be taking my 98 accord on our S.A. trip. I'm currently looking for a 2005-2009 4runner that I plan to outfit for the trip. I decided on this vehicle due to cost, reliability and accessibility of parts/service throughout Central/South America. I am open to suggestions.

I have plenty of backpacking experience. I love the outdoors. What I lack and currently learning, is about 4x4s (never had one or even had an interest in - just never needed it in my past), Solar power, and driving through other countries.

I hope to connect with many of you to learn and also share my experiences. If there are any fellow OB members in San Diego, I'm open to meeting up.

Thanks,
Hello victhewanderer! You've come to the right place - welcome to OB! Good choice on a 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: victhewanderer

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. I have had a few adventures in Mexico and Central America myself. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. The community it is a great resource for information.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
Welcome from the Inland Empire! You will find a ton of info and people willing to lend you advise...this community is awesome. Safe travels and hope to see ya on the road someday brother!

Albacore

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Welcome from SoCal. Jump full in with the 4Runner and check out T4R.org. That site and this one will answer any question you have about 4 wheeling adventures. They will certainly inspire you as well.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk