New Member from Illinois

• HTML tutorial

TK81477

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Lenox, IL
Member #

Hello, my name is Chris and I am from New Lenox, IL. I am married, have two amazing kids, and a great dog. I will be turning 40 this year and it crazy to look back on my life experiences, the changes, and the road to this point in my life, and think how your priorities change with you.

I can remember my very first vehicle, a 1989 Jeep Wrangler, how I lifted it, beat the evening living crap out of it, and accidentally caught it on fire. I would go off roading in this thing all the thing; anywhere I could fine. Definitely, not leave things how they were or better., then go to the car wash and clean my rig but not the bay (like an asshole), then repeat...

Many things have changed since I was sixteen years old, most importantly my thinking and thought processes. I have always loved being outdoors; camping and fishing, scuba diving, hiking and exploring. Now, I just "tread lightly" as they say and only leave my foot prints.

I digress...
I am a Battalion Chief with the New Lenox Fire District. I have been in the fire service for over 20 years and 17 of them with New Lenox. I love it! Best job in the world, but lately, I have been wanting more. More experiences for my family and myself. I want to see more thing and more places, which leads me here, to this point in my life...

I already mentioned my first vehicle. Since then, I have had many others from FJ Cruisers, pickups, other Jeeps, to Broncos, a few cars thrown in there, just never finding what I wanted. Then, sometimes, things become clear and a path is presented to you, my latest purchase. Looking back, I have gone more places and done more things, and probably had the most fun in my Jeeps. The answer was clear (as I mentioned).

In December I bought my new 2017 Jeep Wrangler (Willys). I have to say, I love it. More than enough room for my wife and kids...dog too. I grant plans for it from trips to modification and I can not wait to begin.

Since I bought it I have only done two things to it. Put a hitch on it and installed a roof rack. I have many thing in mind for it but really want to get down and read member posts and articles here before I move forward on anything major. I like to be informed.

Well, that is it for now. I like to ask questions so hopefully you guys don't get sick of it...Cheers!

Last edited: