Rank I

Enthusiast I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Keeler
Hey guys and gals!

I found Overland Bound while searching for a good roof top tent that I can set up on the ground. I am an active guy that enjoys adventure. Getting up in the middle of the night and climbing down and back up a ladder is not my idea of a good adventure. The Gazelle T4 solved my dilemma.

I ordered the T4 last month from Overland Bound. Free shipping sealed the deal.

My son and I took the Gazelle on it's first journey to a Men's Retreat in Twain Harte, California. We expected to be the only campers with the coolest ground tent on the planet. Upon arrival, I saw 2 Gazelle tents set up! Both tents were owned by Overland Bound members. We immediately bonded. My tent is the close one set up on the gravel driveway.

The Gazelle is more rugged than I imagined. I am used to ultra thin camping tents designed by REI and NEMO. This tent is a beast. The YKK zippers are impressive. Setting it up without the fly takes about a minute. It still takes us longer to remove the tent from the bag than setting it up. I am 6 foot even and can walk comfortable inside the tent.

The door entrances/exits are tight. With the structural design, I don't see any work around in making larger doors. We quickly adjusted to smaller doors.

While we agree that the package size of the Gazelle is large, it posed no packing issues for us. It easily fit in the back of my 1999 Subaru Legacy with the rear seats folded down. I drive a 15 passenger Ford E350 for my main camping vehicle (OverRoading vehicle). The tent fits horizontally behind the last passenger bench on the platform bed. I also store it in the Thule Atlantis roof top cargo box.

I don't like the stakes. I bent a few stakes pounding them into the gravel. I am swapping them out with heavy duty REI tents stakes left over from the REI Base Camp 6.

We are taking it on a 5 week cross-country (OverRoading) trip in June. I am leaving my 6 person REI Base Camp 6 behind. We rarely use the rainfly as we like to see the stars. I always check the weather. If we hunker down for more than a day, the fly goes on.

1620315845852.png

1620316682920.png

I started adventure camping in the late 70's bicycle touring across the United States. Now I travel in comfort with my family.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys and gals!

I found Overland Bound while searching for a good roof top tent that I can set up on the ground. I am an active guy that enjoys adventure. Getting up in the middle of the night and climbing down and back up a ladder is not my idea of a good adventure. The Gazelle T4 solved my dilemma.

I ordered the T4 last month from Overland Bound. Free shipping sealed the deal.

My son and I took the Gazelle on it's first journey to a Men's Retreat in Twain Harte, California. We expected to be the only campers with the coolest ground tent on the planet. Upon arrival, I saw 2 Gazelle tents set up! Both tents were owned by Overland Bound members. We immediately bonded. My tent is the close one set up on the gravel driveway.

The Gazelle is more rugged than I imagined. I am used to ultra thin camping tents designed by REI and NEMO. This tent is a beast. The YKK zippers are impressive. Setting it up without the fly takes about a minute. It still takes us longer to remove the tent from the bag than setting it up. I am 6 foot even and can walk comfortable inside the tent.

The door entrances/exits are tight. With the structural design, I don't see any work around in making larger doors. We quickly adjusted to smaller doors.

While we agree that the package size of the Gazelle is large, it posed no packing issues for us. It easily fit in the back of my 1999 Subaru Legacy with the rear seats folded down. I drive a 15 passenger Ford E350 for my main camping vehicle (OverRoading vehicle). The tent fits horizontally behind the last passenger bench on the platform bed. I also store it in the Thule Atlantis roof top cargo box.

I don't like the stakes. I bent a few stakes pounding them into the gravel. I am swapping them out with heavy duty REI tents stakes left over from the REI Base Camp 6.

We are taking it on a 5 week cross-country (OverRoading) trip in June. I am leaving my 6 person REI Base Camp 6 behind. We rarely use the rainfly as we like to see the stars. I always check the weather. If we hunker down for more than a day, the fly goes on.

View attachment 197244

View attachment 197254

I started adventure camping in the late 70's bicycle touring across the United States. Now I travel in comfort with my family.
Great to hear that you like the Gazelle