New Member - California

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Blackwood
New member from California, I was looking for some DIY projects for my truck and found some cool information on this forum so I decided to join.

I currently have a 71 K5 Blazer, 4x4, 3 speed, 350 sbc, running 35s. That's more of a weekend / exploring project.

My daily is a 2016 Frontier, manual trans, V6, RWD. I use this as dirt bike hauler and for weekend family camping trips, I plan to build a rack for the bike on the bike and probably some other small projects as well.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
New member from California, I was looking for some DIY projects for my truck and found some cool information on this forum so I decided to join.

I currently have a 71 K5 Blazer, 4x4, 3 speed, 350 sbc, running 35s. That's more of a weekend / exploring project.

My daily is a 2016 Frontier, manual trans, V6, RWD. I use this as dirt bike hauler and for weekend family camping trips, I plan to build a rack for the bike on the bike and probably some other small projects as well.

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Digging the Misfits theme.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound

Spent a lot of off road time in a Blazer just like that in High School, Very Cool rig!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307

That K5 is in fantastic condition. That has a NP203 transfercase?
HIGH
HIGH LOC
NEUTRAL
LOW
LOW LOCK

A friend had a 1977 Silverado with the 350 engine, later a 400, with the above transfer case.
He put a mile marker hub conversion in it. Mileage went up slightly. He regretted later selling it because of his wife. Later ex spouse.. I always thought that body and grill combination looked great. A real classic!

lifelesstraveled

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Chico, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY-19D
Welcome Aboard! You didn't happen to buy that K5 from someone in the Chico area did you?

Traveler I

CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Blackwood
That K5 is in fantastic condition. That has a NP203 transfercase?
HIGH
HIGH LOC
NEUTRAL
LOW
LOW LOCK

A friend had a 1977 Silverado with the 350 engine, later a 400, with the above transfer case.
He put a mile marker hub conversion in it. Mileage went up slightly. He regretted later selling it because of his wife. Later ex spouse.. I always thought that body and grill combination looked great. A real classic!
I believe that mine is the NP205, which only has 4H, N, 4L, & 2H

I bet! I get offers all the time but I want to keep mine in the family as long as I can.

Reactions: Desert Runner

Traveler I

CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Blackwood
Thanks everyone for all the kind words :smiley: here is a more recent pic

I'm hoping in the next few months to start working on restoring the interior, the carpet and interior panels have definitely seen better days. I'm also hoping to find a solution to reduce vibration from the top. If I'm driving over 55 or 60 it has a vibration that gets a little annoying. Some sound deadening would also be nice.