New member 3420

• HTML tutorial

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Hello to everyone. Just joined the group. Located in Western NC. Drive a 15 Tacoma, strip base extended cab. 4 banger with a 5 Manny tranny. Been overlanding since 99, off and on. Heading west this summer, looking to discuss the locations with members soon. KIMG0632.jpg . KIMG0365.jpg

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Welcome! That's a great rig you've got there. If you're looking on going west, I'd highly recommend driving to the West Coast, around Olympic National Park, and down Highway 101. Kalaloch Lodge is an amazing place to stay.

I did the trip last March (starting in Seattle) over the course of a week and had a great time. It was in a rented Corolla however, so offroad opportunities were limited.

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 4.43.46 PM.png

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

Thank you. Wife and I looking at Rocky mountain NP, Black Gunnison NP, Roan plateau, Escalate Staircase, Capital Reef NP, Canyonland NP, Turoweep overlook in Grand Canyon NP. The North rim is a 20 year anniversary present. We will probably hit that area of Washington in 2018. Went to Ranier in 2000. Loved the area.

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Went to Ranier in 2000. Loved the area.
It's a great place, Rainier is next on my trip. If you're going to the Escalante/Canyonlands area I'd also recommend checking out Monument Valley. There is a hotel there called The View that I have not personally stayed at, but the views are supposed to be amazing. There are several really fun 4x4 trails around there as well.

Congratulations on 20 years!