Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
Looking to do a quick 2 day trip out to New Idria/Clear Creek. I’m in Monterey so it’s pretty close. Wondering if anyone has GPX files of where they’ve been and care to share. Curious about the recent storms and if the area is even accessible.

Wandering_Scotty

Rank VII

Pioneer II

San Jose, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Joseph
Member #

Looking to do a quick 2 day trip out to New Idria/Clear Creek. I’m in Monterey so it’s pretty close. Wondering if anyone has GPX files of where they’ve been and care to share. Curious about the recent storms and if the area is even accessible.
I did a trip out to New Idria / Clear Creek a few months back. It’s super fun and there’s a lot to explore around that area. New Idria is super interesting because it’s not maintained a lot all and the conditions of the trail is pretty rutted out and the trails in New Idria can get super pretty narrow. But it’s fun and very doable There’s a lot of people that go out there too. Tons of dirt bikes zipping around. There’s a lot to explore in Clear Creek and it’s super interesting to see all the old OHV trails and old mines. You need a permit for your vehicle for access into Clear Creek and each person in your rig needs a permit as well. The gates are fun to try to open, they give you a code and you gotta find the right lock on the gate to open. Also, all the BLM campgrounds Clear Creek are extremely nice and clean. There are some water crossing at Clear Creek that might be high due to the current storms, I would check up on that.