FunkyStickman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Schriever, LA, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Hendricks
Greetings! I know, I know... "Why's a dude living in the flattest part of the country wanting to overland?" Simply put: I love camping, and I love cars. I want to get back into nature, and camping- and I love the idea of a dedicated camp rig.

About me: I was a scoutmaster with the BSA for over 10 years, Order Of the Arrow. I'm a hammock camping enthusiast. I love orienteering, campsite building, all that stuff. I'm also a musician, writer, and dad of 4, granddad of 3. My wife isn't huge on adventures, but she likes the outdoors. I'm starting to get into HAM radio, off-grid stuff, want to learn more about solar.

Current plans: I have an '04 Toyota Matrix FWD. Drop-dead reliable. Amazing little car for short trips, but I'm looking to make it into a proper mini overland rig. Tires, small lift kit, putting together some camp gear from my stash. It needs a new radio, too.

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings! I know, I know... "Why's a dude living in the flattest part of the country wanting to overland?" Simply put: I love camping, and I love cars. I want to get back into nature, and camping- and I love the idea of a dedicated camp rig.

About me: I was a scoutmaster with the BSA for over 10 years, Order Of the Arrow. I'm a hammock camping enthusiast. I love orienteering, campsite building, all that stuff. I'm also a musician, writer, and dad of 4, granddad of 3. My wife isn't huge on adventures, but she likes the outdoors. I'm starting to get into HAM radio, off-grid stuff, want to learn more about solar.

Current plans: I have an '04 Toyota Matrix FWD. Drop-dead reliable. Amazing little car for short trips, but I'm looking to make it into a proper mini overland rig. Tires, small lift kit, putting together some camp gear from my stash. It needs a new radio, too.
Hello Jeffery, welcome to Overland Bound.

Contributor III

Houma, LA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Doit
Hello from south Louisiana. I am new here as well. I have some experience vehicle camping but l am looking to branch out to overlanding. I don’t have a local outlet since I live south of Hwy 90. So I am looking to for some possible places to overland that are not all the way across the country.

Reactions: FunkyStickman

FunkyStickman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Schriever, LA, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Hendricks
Hey
Hello from south Louisiana. I am new here as well. I have some experience vehicle camping but l am looking to branch out to overlanding. I don’t have a local outlet since I live south of Hwy 90. So I am looking to for some possible places to overland that are not all the way across the country.
Hey, you're right nearby! Welcome!