i_squared_r

Rank 0

Contributor I

Long Island, New York, NY, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balducci
Hi all. After some issues with my pathfinder, I decided to buy a new 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I am into boats and mountain bikes so the Tacoma will be an extension to that. I never went camping before, so I bought the essentials and went with some friends a few weeks ago. We had a great time! The plan is next year to camp at some lakes and drive cross country to ride mountain bikes.
20201017_090705.jpg
IMG-20201108-WA0028.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. After some issues with my pathfinder, I decided to buy a new 2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad. I am into boats and mountain bikes so the Tacoma will be an extension to that. I never went camping before, so I bought the essentials and went with some friends a few weeks ago. We had a great time! The plan is next year to camp at some lakes and drive cross country to ride mountain bikes.
View attachment 177887
View attachment 177888
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

i_squared_r

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balducci
Welcome. I used to ride up by Stewart Airport. I think Stewart State Forest it was called. Welcome from the Alaskan Interior.
I haven't rode there yet. The truck and tent is going to change that. Next year I will go to catskills again, ride whiteface, lake george, kingdom trails in vermont, maine, colorado, and moab. It's an amibitious itinerary, but I will hope to ride at least half of that.

Reactions: Dusther210

CO_Jeep_Zach

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fairbanks, AK
First Name
Zach
Last Name
W
Member #

Welcome. I used to ride up by Stewart Airport. I think Stewart State Forest it was called. Welcome from the Alaskan Interior.
I haven't rode there yet. The truck and tent is going to change that. Next year I will go to catskills again, ride whiteface, lake george, kingdom trails in vermont, maine, colorado, and moab. It's an amibitious itinerary, but I will hope to ride at least half of that.
Colorado has amazing trails. Get ready for some huffing and puffing. I lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years and there's a ton in the city itself. Palmer Park has good technical riding with some sections to get good flow going. Ute Valley is okay. Falcon Trail at the Academy is an A+ trail and if you enjoy downhill, Captain Jacks to Chutes and Ladders is amazing but you have to earn it with a ride up to the top.

i_squared_r

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Balducci
Colorado has amazing trails. Get ready for some huffing and puffing. I lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years and there's a ton in the city itself. Palmer Park has good technical riding with some sections to get good flow going. Ute Valley is okay. Falcon Trail at the Academy is an A+ trail and if you enjoy downhill, Captain Jacks to Chutes and Ladders is amazing but you have to earn it with a ride up to the top.

I have an itinerary that I put together with some research i've done. I have a female friend that will come in from Brazil and do the trip with me. She definitely has more endurance than me because she does long cross country trips. But she isn't into technical riding so i'm trying to find trails that provide some compromise between our abilities. Let me know what you think.

• Day 1: Drive from Long Island, NY to Davenport, IA
  • Day 2: Drive from Davenport, IA to Crested Butte, CO
Crested Butte, CO:

• Day 3: Bike ‘401 Trail’
  • Day 4: Bike ‘Doctor Park’
Black Canyon, CO:

• Day 5: Drive ‘North Rim’ at Black Canyon for a great view
Telluride, CO:

• Day 6: 4x4 ‘Imogene Pass’ and stay in primitive camp spot
  • Day 7: Bike ‘Telluride Bike Park’ or 4x4 ‘Alpine Loop’
Montrose, CO to Moab, UT

• Day 8: 4x4 Rimrocker trail
  • Day 9: 4x4 Rimrocker trail
  • Day 10: 4x4 finish Rimrocker Trail and set up camp in moab
Moab, UT:

• Day 11: Bike ‘Whole enchilada’ (shuttle)
  • Day 12: 4x4 ‘White Rim’ clockwise starting at Schafer switchbacks. This is in Canyonlands national park. Camp overnight at Murphy’s Hogback Campground.
  • Day 13: Bike ‘Slickrock’ Trail and go to Arches National Park to hike the Delicate Arch and Devil’s Garden if feeling good.
  • Day 14: Great Sand dunes national park. Sand board at sand dunes and then 4x4 to camp at Medano Pass.
Leaving:
  • Day 15: Drive to Columbia, MO
  • Day 16: Drive to Long Island, NY

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
View attachment 177887
View attachment 177888
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: i_squared_r