Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Wiggins, MS, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
McKinnell
Member #

I'm retired from the Army and am pretty much available whenever. Dog hunting season just ended down here and Feb 15th is the last day of deer season. I haven't been on too many trails in this area but the ones I've been on are mainly forest service roads with some hills and puddles. I've built a few Jeeps and I used to run trail rides up in Pennsylvania at a place called paragon off- road park and have ridden everything from green easy trails to black rock crawling monsters. I've also wheeled in the New Jersey pine Barrens and the mountains of East Tennessee (Johnson City area). My truck as of now is stock but fully capable of the trails around here. I just don't like the idea of wheeling alone (just in case lol). I'd love to plan something to get the missus out and show her I'm not crazy lol

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
I already posted this on the new members thread, but thought I would post here and see if there are other members nearby to meetup with and learn from.

Hello, new member here. My name is Kyle and I'm brand new to overlanding. Watched too many overlanding YouTube videos this past year and now it is time to get out and try it out. Bringing my wife Barbara and my daughter Evie along for the ride.

Currently own a 2006 Nissan Titan, but have a Bronco on order if Ford ever actually builds it.

In the meantime we have started "camping training" and gear shakedown trips. Our first was to Roosevelt State Park for a quick overnight trip to test how the 4 year old did. That went well so at the end of the month we are headed to Tishomingo State Park for a weekend trip. When we work out the kinks of our camping setup and gear, we plan on taking off the training wheels of the powered and water hookup camp sites to explore and hit trails and do the more traditional / primitive / dispersed camping.

I am looking forward to learning from the community here and hopefully find some members to join on some trips in the future so we can learn by example.
Those are some happy overlanders! Welcome to here. I just rolled thru Mississippi during the holidays. Enjoyed the ride.
Enjoy, be safe and explore.
Zim

Reactions: mootruck98

24RobM

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Wiggins, MS, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
McKinnell
Member #

We're trying to get something together here...

Contributor II

Homochitto National Forest, Mississippi, USA
First Name
Tucker
Last Name
Hoeniges
Wait a minute... there are other people from Mississippi that overland?! I swore I was the only one haha. I'm from Brookhaven but spend most of my time in NC. I've got some cool spots I could share in the Homochitto National Forrest area as well as NC if you fellas ever make a trip up that way.

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Wait a minute... there are other people from Mississippi that overland?! I swore I was the only one haha. I'm from Brookhaven but spend most of my time in NC. I've got some cool spots I could share in the Homochitto National Forrest area as well as NC if you fellas ever make a trip up that way.
Yea, I am in Pearl right outside of Jackson. We need to try and plan something to get as many MS people we can!