Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lakewood, WA, USA
First Name
Benjamin
Last Name
Canley
Member #

Does anyone have the new dometic cfx3 55 series I’m considering buying it as my first fridge and love the idea of ice...?

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I got it during the REI member sale, but haven't had a chance to use it yet due to the quarantine. The ice will be pretty small ice cubes but it is better than nothing. The only test I did was to turn it on and making sure it worked.

Reactions: Suaveboutdoors

jmjardine

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
J
Member #

I got it during the REI member sale, but haven't had a chance to use it yet due to the quarantine. The ice will be pretty small ice cubes but it is better than nothing. The only test I did was to turn it on and making sure it worked.
Same here. purchased at REI during the sale but have only used it in the house. The ice cubes are smaller than I thought but it will be better than nothing! Especially for my whiskey...

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Same here. purchased at REI during the sale but have only used it in the house. The ice cubes are smaller than I thought but it will be better than nothing! Especially for my whiskey...
Agreed. I think for ice I'm still going to have a small cooler dedicated to just ice if needed, but for the most part I drink water and beer when out.

Reactions: Suaveboutdoors

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFT263, HAM:
Agreed. I think for ice I'm still going to have a small cooler dedicated to just ice if needed, but for the most part I drink water and beer when out.
What was the member sale price? Or discount? I'm thinking of picking one up on the Memorial Day sale, but I can wait until next year, if I have to.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
pulled the trigger on the CFX3 75dz. with the 20% member discount, saved money to pay towards a lithium battery of some flavor.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
pulled the trigger on the CFX3 75dz. with the 20% member discount, saved money to pay towards a lithium battery of some flavor.
Great fridge. It’s silly huge but can pack a lot of stuff. I have the last generation model.

egilbe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Biddeford, Maine, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Gilbert
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Great fridge. It’s silly huge but can pack a lot of stuff. I have the last generation model.
I hope its not that huge. Its the smallest dual zone they had :smile: I really like ice cream. I can always use it to store frozen pizza in the basement